drive letters changed
Everything has been running sweet with xbmc, until the other day!!
I purchased on of those sata docking stations, so i could get some content of some drives, instead of taking the pc apart, however, in doing this , the docking station put itself as drive 'F', which was laready in use by my 2TB drive with movies on, which has now been changed to 'G' drive, so, obviously, all the movies in xbmc now say that the file does not exist as the path has been changed.

I edited the source, and although it worked, i didnt scann as i think it will scan the whole drive again, and i will end up with 2 thumbnails until i clean the library.
I just check and its affected 3 drive, all with their letters changed.

Is there a way i can get the drive thats now 'G', back to 'F'?
Thanks guys
You can assign drive letters in windows so they have any letter you want and wont change just google it
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Star 
Removing the dock, should bring the drive letters back...export your library as separate files once everything is running smooth. Manully set your drive letters way down the alphabet, plugin your dock.. You'll have to re-scrape, but it will be quick with all the information in each folder seen.
Why would you do all that when you can just assign the 2TB drive the letter "F" so that's what it always gets ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
drive letters changed0