ALL movies listedtwice in XBMC after edit of path.
I edited the path to my Movies folder and now all the movies on both of my HTPC's are listed twice.

All of my movies are on my NAS and I had the folder as a shared folder which I added into XBMC with its IP address: \\192.168.0.6\Video\Movies

I then decided it would be easier if I gave my Music and Video folders individual shared mapped drives so V: for Videos and M: for Music. So I created these on both PC's and removed the linked folders.

I then edited (not deleted and re-added) the links for Movies in XBMC and pointed them to the correct folders on the shared drives.

I now have 2 icons for each movie - one shows as a screen grab and the other as a proper DVD case cover. Cleaning the library doesn't remove either of them.

Does anyone know how to quickly remove one set or is it a case of removing all sources then adding them back in and re-scanning?

As a side note, on one of my PC's I enabled IMDB scraping at the same time so now each movie has two versions each with different ratings. Confused
Your problem is you only edited the source path which doesn't change the path in your database

I'm not sure if this will work now but you could put the old path back you might have to edit the sources.xml if it no longer exists in fact that might be the best way of doing it and then use "Remove Source" in XBMC to remove that old source you should get a message asking if you want to remove everything on that path or words to that effect that should clear out the old stuff from your db

If your changing paths its best to either export to separate files assuming you don't have local artwork nfo's to start with then rescan everything back in or export to single file and the edit the path in the videodb.xml and then import it back into xbmc
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
The plot thickens. I've now removed all video sources, yet I can still see my movies and series! I've even detached my mapped drives for Video and Music. Oo

Anyone have any tips how to clear out my library.
The "clean library" function will look for orphaned movies and TV shows and remove them from the database. If you run that with your current configuration of no paths, you'll likely lose your entire library.

You'd be better off adding the correct paths back to your configuration, refresh the library then clean it. You'll be left with a single working entry for each movie.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
I could have sworn I read he had already tried clean library I must be going nuts :o

@Ethereal_Gaz

XBMC creates a database and caches your artwork that's why you library is still there and why editing sources caused you a problem because that doesn't change the path in your database

How are you exactly removing your sources because every time you remove a source correctly you should be prompted with a question about removing everything on that path selecting yes will then remove them from your library ?
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ALL movies listedtwice in XBMC after edit of path.0