True fullscreen problem
Hi,

My XBMC has been running fine for a while on my laptop with win7. Then the other day one film in particular was stuttering quite a lot. It played perfectly on my downstairs system so I did a little research and found this on the wiki FAQ:

"Video stutter/jerky playback when "Adjust display refresh rate" is turned on
The "Adjust display refresh rate" function of XBMC sometimes has bad interactions with Aero on Windows Vista and 7.

Turn off the "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option.

If you must have the "Use a fullscreen window..." option turned on, disable Aero, either globally on the PC with the selection of a basic theme, or just for XBMC, with the "Disable desktop composition" option, in the compatibility tab of xbmc.exe's file properties."

I unchecked the box and it solved the problem beautifully. All was well....Or so I thought.

The next day I booted the laptop and opened xbmc. I plugged my TV in and the screen was black. I could still hear the sounds but there was nothing on screen. I rechecked the box and the tv worked again.

I used the other option and disabled Aero and it did help. The movie does not stutter but now it tears horizontally.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
True fullscreen problem0