Ati 11.6 driver with xbmc no 24p playback problems
Hi all

Is there anyone having problems with sync tv to source playback with 24p.

there must be a bug in the 11.6 drivers as When I select sync tv to source in xbmc it plays all jerky and has a slow motion look to it i just can not get it to work thats until you open the ati control panel in the back ground and leave it open but dont shut it down and then try it again it plays right.

Anyone having this problem, this is a fresh install on windows 7 ati drivers 11.6 Very strange

But when you do leave ati control centre up and it plays right it still seems to stutter slighty in 24p like irs missing a frame the odd time but in 60hz it plays better. I would of thought it would play better in it's native frame rate as I have a 24p tv do you think this is the same problem a driver fault

Does anyone on here with a ati card use 24p playback and get no stutter ? And if not what driver u using

Thanks

Oh I have a 6570 card just in case you wanted to know

Thanks on any feedback or advice
11.7 just released a few days ago
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Turn off the use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen option in XBMC. That fixed it for me. All players seem to suffer from this issue (MPC-HC too). Haven't tried 11.7 yet, but if you do please let me know if it fixes the problem. (6570 here, too.)
a11599 Wrote:Turn off the use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen option in XBMC. That fixed it for me. All players seem to suffer from this issue (MPC-HC too). Haven't tried 11.7 yet, but if you do please let me know if it fixes the problem. (6570 here, too.)

So did it fix the problem as it's sounds that it has but then u said does it fix it in the new drivers abit confused there.

Where's the full screen window option u mentioned

One more question do u need to uninstall them first or just install them ove the top.

Cheers

What has 11.7 fixed anything to do wiht movie playback
I don't know if 11.7 fixes the issue. I have not yet installed that driver. But if you feel like you want to try it, please let us know your results. I am not aware of the fixes in 11.7.

The option is in System -> System -> Video output. Deactivating "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" works fine here, no stuttering.
Cheers will try it out

Here's the list or the fixes for 11.7

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...easeNotes.aspx

Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.7 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
All issues experienced with mouse cursor lag have been resolved
Resolves system hangs seen in the AMD Catalyst 11.6 driver on specific HDMI and DP displays
Log event (Event ID 62464) issues when playing video content have been resolved
Bluray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly displays a blank screen.
Bluray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly hangs.
Some Divx format files no longer display video corruption using WinDVD.
AVIVO Video Quality settings are now correctly applied to Flash Video Content.
AMD SteadyVideo is now applied to Home Video clips when using WinDVD 10.
Random screen corruption is no longer displayed when changing desktop themes.
Chequerboard corruption is no longer displayed intermittently when playing DirectX 10 titles in a Crossfire configuration with Eyefinity enabled.
Shogun II now renders the cinematics correctly when run in various Eyefinity configurations.
Video playback now works correctly when Hardware acceleration is enabled with VLC Player version 1.1.9.
720P Divx video clips no longer display stuttering when played using Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player.
Crossfire now functions correctly when playing Hamilton’s Great Adventure.
Video corruption is no longer observed when when using the Forward slider on 720P Divx format video clips using Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center.
PowerDVD now correctly handles 3D Bluray content.
Portal 2 no longer displays flickering on water surface textures with Medium and Low Shader detail settings.
Image stabilization now functions correctly when playing Divx content using Windows Media Player.
Wraparound corruption is no longer displayed intermittently after exiting a 3D application.

Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows 7 operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:

Star Wars Jedi Knight II / Jedi Academy may randomly crash on launch.
Image rotation might not function correctly in Photoshop CS5.
OpenGL acceleration might not be available in Photoshop CS5.
High GPU speeds might be retained after exiting a 3D application.
Crysis 2 may display random corruption when Crossfire is enabled and run in DirectX 9 mode
Homefront may experience random crashes during gameplay.
Crossfire may not perform as expected when playing Earthsim, Bad Company 2 and Metro 2003 under DirectX 11 mode.

Known Issues under the Windows Vista Operating System
The following section provides a summary of open issues that may be experienced under the Windows Vista operating system in the latest version of AMD Catalyst. These include:

PowerDVD may display a blank screen during Bluray playback when Crossfire is enabled.
Doom 3 and Quake 4 may display random screen corruption.
Performing Bezel compensation in certain Eyefinity configurations may cause some bezel groups to not appear.
Windows Aero options may no longer be available after installing the driver.
a11599 Wrote:Turn off the use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen option in XBMC. That fixed it for me (6570 here, too.)

Hi there I tried this option

1 it fixed the slow motion unplayable video problem in 24p
2 also it fixed the odd jerk here and there that I was having when I left the ati control centre up in the background when I was using 24p As it played it 99% perfect but would still have the odd jerk here and there but I now don't get that

Just wondering what does fullscreen window do as this is default to on ? Is it better to have it on as default as I don't really know what this does could you explain

Thanks

Oh will try out the new drivers today at some point as I am nearly finished with my build. Can u just install the new drivers over the top ?

One more question what settings do u have As I have the same ati card as me.

Thanks

Had some weird flickering on video playback and I found out that it was the ati settings as it had
Edge-enhancement
De-noise
De-blocking
Enable dynamic contrast

Where all set to on, well that had to go turned them all off and no more flicker. It was a weird effect and only on som parts of the move

Also turned off

Colour vibrance
Flesh tone correction
Video gamma
Dynamic range

Why the hell all these are on I don't know it just messes with the picture.

There are a couple of settings I left on as I don't know if I should turn them off for my tv and these are

Use automatic deinterlacing
Pulldown detection
Enforce smooth video playback

I left these on do you think that's a good idea or should I turn them off
Your settings are OK for CCC, I use the same ones except I also turn off Enforce smooth video playback, but that should not make any difference.

Using true fullscreen means that XBMC takes exclusive ownership of the video output. It is similar when you run a game in windowed or fullscreen mode. This also means better video performance. I always turn off this option on all installations. The main difference from user perspective is that notifications from background programs (for example Skype, windows update) will not be shown while you run XBMC - however I consider this as a bonus and not a drawback. Smile
So basically when you turn it off it's better and you get better video performance and no pop ups will come on the screen from the desktop.

Is this right
Yes.
the real drawback is that you cant use the PC for other things in case you have multi-monitor.
There is a fix i think:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106625

Anyways shouldnt true-fullscreen be default for windows? :S , 24hz mode its standard in films and with aero it works crap.
Exellent thanks.
Got the new drivers do u just install them
Over the top or do u uninstall them first ?
meridius Wrote:Got the new drivers do u just install them
Over the top or do u uninstall them first ?

you must uninstall old drivers first Smile
Will this lose all my settings in my gfx card when I uninstall and reinstall. ?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ati 11.6 driver with xbmc no 24p playback problems0