• 86(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
That is the original thread, and older than this one. Tiben has done further work on DSPlayer since that thread was closed so it's not impossible for work to pick up again in the future.
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
Yah - but only for ten months or so... also... I have to admit that the information around DSPlayer is hardly helping me here Wink
The repo was last updated about 5 months ago...

However - what exactly is the reason for using a DirectShow-Codec anyhow? As I can literally can't see a difference (may be on my part, I'll take that) between watching something within XBMC and with a DS-based player....
Could someone elaborate the reasons why one should use the DSPlayer in favor of the current implementation in Eden?
I asked this a few times but never got an answer...

If it has any benefits, developement might indeed be picked up... I just read the first two lines of the post I linked to which implied that the xbmc-player ultimately should perform everything DSPlayer does.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

A guy known as Eduard_K from unofficial Russian XBMC forum released a patch for 0wing's XBMC DSplayer code. Main improvements:
- More reliable graph building.
- Ability to enable DSPlayer via GUI.
- Ability to use default system DirectShow merits.
- BluRay titles support (only with AVSplitter installed as a system default DS splitter).

Code patch: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/0001.patch
Screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/dsplayer.jpg

If somebody does not beat me to it, later I'll post a binary exe installer.
(2012-05-15, 19:25)alexrose1uk Wrote: That is the original thread, and older than this one. Tiben has done further work on DSPlayer since that thread was closed so it's not impossible for work to pick up again in the future.

@ alexrose1uk
Have you ever encounter the strange behavior I described couple of posts above?
(2012-05-15, 20:02)HenryFord Wrote: Yah - but only for ten months or so... also... I have to admit that the information around DSPlayer is hardly helping me here Wink
The repo was last updated about 5 months ago...

However - what exactly is the reason for using a DirectShow-Codec anyhow? As I can literally can't see a difference (may be on my part, I'll take that) between watching something within XBMC and with a DS-based player....
Could someone elaborate the reasons why one should use the DSPlayer in favor of the current implementation in Eden?
I asked this a few times but never got an answer...

If it has any benefits, developement might indeed be picked up... I just read the first two lines of the post I linked to which implied that the xbmc-player ultimately should perform everything DSPlayer does.

@ HenryFord
For me that was the only solution I found that would play flawlessly everything with Intel HD.
(deleted)
(2012-05-16, 07:49)NickoP Wrote: @ HenryFord
For me that was the only solution I found that would play flawlessly everything with Intel HD.
Ah - okay, thanks for the heads up Smile

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

(2012-05-16, 08:29)Roman_V_M Wrote: Here's an installer for 0wing's XBMC DSplayer with the patch from Eduard_K: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/XBMCSet...yer-dx.exe

What code base is this patch built on?

(2012-05-16, 17:31)HeresJohnny Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 08:29)Roman_V_M Wrote: Here's an installer for 0wing's XBMC DSplayer with the patch from Eduard_K: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24356082/XBMCSet...yer-dx.exe

What code base is this patch built on?

Please clarify what you mean. Obviously, this is re-worked code from 0wing's git repo.
I meant, does it patch Eden, post-Eden or pre-Eden?
@Roman_V_M: Thanks, but for me, my DSPlayer section in settings looks the same with your installer. Did you test it ?
(2012-05-16, 21:21)sergiocos Wrote: @Roman_V_M: Thanks, but for me, my DSPlayer section in settings looks the same with your installer. Did you test it ?

Oops, my bad.Sad Sorry. Please wait until I'll re-complie the build.
(2012-05-16, 21:00)HeresJohnny Wrote: I meant, does it patch Eden, post-Eden or pre-Eden?

As I understood it, it patches the latest DSPlayer version/source available?
(2012-05-17, 11:53)phunqe Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 21:00)HeresJohnny Wrote: I meant, does it patch Eden, post-Eden or pre-Eden?

As I understood it, it patches the latest DSPlayer version/source available?

Yes, exactly. The patch should be applied to https://github.com/0wing/xbmc.
Guys,

I heard back from Tiben, he's gone into commercial development, and is therefore unable to continue contributing to DSPlayer. So unless some talented person really feels like digging into the source code, it appears that addition any further significant new features or bug fixes to DSPlayer are truly dead. Too bad, but a big thanks and congrats to Tiben for his hard work and best wishes for his continued success!

Cheers
The REAL Joe
  • 86(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13