• 83(current)
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available
Thanks Smile

That seems odd, is that something temporary? If not I would question why there then are audio settings in the DSPlayer settings to begin with :p
Hi Everyone,

I'm a long time user of XBMC (pre Dharma).
Because of the possibility to play sopcast urls, i am switching to the DSPlayer-eden version.
The addon i am using is SportsDevil. (LiveTV.ru)

I have SopFilter installed but I do not know how to add the filter to "filtersconfig.xml" and/or "mediasconfig.xml" (I did try follow the "how to" Wink)
I've added
<filter name="SopCast ASF Splitter" type="splitter"> <= GraphStudio
<guid>{A895A82C-7335-4D6B-A811-82E9E3C4403E}</guid> <= GraphStudio
<osdname>SopCast ASF Splitter</osdname> <= Don't know if this is the right osdname
</filter>
as a splitter to "filtersconfig.xml" but i am clueless as to the "mediaconfig.xml"

Can anybody help me to get Sopcast working in XBMC (with DSPlayer) or give me a few pointers...

Thanks in advance
gents,

I have concluded that Dsplayer is by far the best overall player after trying everything else. I have been using Powerdvd 12 as of late, and is subpar, my opinion only. I am using a version of dsplayer about 2 versions old and the only problem I am still having is I am unable to us forced subs only. I know subs were a problem with some a while backs and wondered if this had been fixed in the newer versions.

Everything else works EXCELLENT and I hate to mess it up by going to a newer version unless this has been fixed. anyone?

Thanks

Mark
Hi, everyone

can you help me?

I have downloaded, and fresh installed in a separated folder your last version of Xbmc Eden Dsplayer switched from Dharma.
All is working great except for the script.tv.show.next.aired.

No matter what skin i use i can not get any information displayed inside the menu.
Also i have updated the script to v.4.1.20, and still nothing.

Does anyone have the same problem? is it broken in this version of xbmc dsplayer? or is it just me?
Currently i have returned to dharma's version.

(sorry if this is not the right place for this post)
thanks in advance.
Does anyone know a workaroud for airplay with this build? I'm trying to play videos from my ipad or on youtube on my ipad and they don't work unless I disable dsplayer as the default player. XBMC just returns to the main menu. Whats annoying is that with airplay you can't choose "play with.." and select dvdplayer. So the only way to use airplay is to remove the default feature for dsplayer in advancedsettings.xml.
(2012-04-15, 00:15)orangelines Wrote: Does anyone know a workaroud for airplay with this build? I'm trying to play videos from my ipad or on youtube on my ipad and they don't work unless I disable dsplayer as the default player. XBMC just returns to the main menu. Whats annoying is that with airplay you can't choose "play with.." and select dvdplayer. So the only way to use airplay is to remove the default feature for dsplayer in advancedsettings.xml.

Create a playercorefactory.xml file with the following in it.
Code:
<playercorefactory>
  <rules action="prepend">
    <rule protocols="daap|rtv|rtsp|rtmp|http|https|rtmpe|rtsp|mms" player="DVDPlayer"/>
  </rules>
</playercorefactory>

Hi, i recently have encontered problems with dsplayer and files played from rars.

The files play just fine if i pre-unrar the files or play with dvdplayer, but no luck using dsplayer.
i have tried with a fresh install and deleting the profile folder, but cant seem to find the issue.

any help would be appriciated.

pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/SVst8v7X

TSlackM
Wow has this thread died. Where has everyone gone?
We're enjoying Eden Dsplayer build, lol
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Can DSPlayer handle 24 bit / 96 khz audio files? If so, when listening to music is DSPlayer used or is the default XBMC player used? I have many 24/96 flac files & I understand that XBMC can only presently handle 16 bit / 44.1 khz.
Frodo 12.2 : Win8 x64 : ASUS P8H77-M : i3-3225 : Scythe Shuriken Revb : 8Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 : ASUS HD6570 : Samsung Blu-ray SH-B083L : Lian-Li PC-C37B Muse : Corsair TX650 PSU : HP MCE IR receiver : Harmony 600 : Yamaha RX-V471 : Cambridge Audio Minx 20 x 5 & Minx x300 Sub x 1
(2012-04-18, 04:20)douver Wrote: Can DSPlayer handle 24 bit / 96 khz audio files? If so, when listening to music is DSPlayer used or is the default XBMC player used? I have many 24/96 flac files & I understand that XBMC can only presently handle 16 bit / 44.1 khz.

You can use DSPlayer for music, but you will not get visualization/"full screen" just music playing in the background.

But if you're just looking for better audio I would suggest trying one of DDDamian's AE builds over here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124600
One question, I have found certain mkv/h264 files that behave rather weridly with DSPlayer and the LAV filters setup.
They play at around 80% of the FPS (stuttering slightly) and there is no sound.
Checking the debug log I cannot find anything weird.

Am I correct in assuming it's something with the LAV filters in this case (I used that guide), that is having issues with certain parameters of the file?

Here is the media info for one file, in case anyone sees a compatibility issue or the like:

Code:
General
Format                                   : Matroska
Format version                           : Version 1
File size                                : 8.72 GiB
Duration                                 : 2h 12mn
Overall bit rate                         : 9 424 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2007-09-20 18:53:46
Writing application                      : mkvmerge v2.1.0 ('Another Place To Fall') built on Aug 19 2007 13:40:07
Writing library                          : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.1

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 8 frames
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate                                 : 7 910 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 040 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 1.85:1
Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.165
Stream size                              : 7.15 GiB (82%)
Title                                    : x264 - 2 passes
Writing library                          : x264 core 56 svn-676
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=0 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=7910 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : DTS
Format/Info                              : Digital Theater Systems
Codec ID                                 : A_DTS
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 1 510 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                                : 24 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 1.40 GiB (16%)
Title                                    : DTS - 1536 kbit/sec
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes

Text #1
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : UTF-8
Codec ID                                 : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info                            : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title                                    : English
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : No

Text #2
ID                                       : 4
Format                                   : UTF-8
Codec ID                                 : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info                            : UTF-8 Plain Text
Title                                    : Nederlands
Language                                 : Dutch
Default                                  : No
[quote='phunqe' pid='1079769' dateline='1334743893']
One question, I have found certain mkv/h264 files that behave rather weridly with DSPlayer and the LAV filters setup.
They play at around 80% of the FPS (stuttering slightly) and there is no sound.
Checking the debug log I cannot find anything weird.

Am I correct in assuming it's something with the LAV filters in this case (I used that guide), that is having issues with certain parameters of the file?

are you sure you're using LAV? i would double check everything because there should be no issue

Yes, I see the LAV filters being in use in the log.

I'll fiddle with some settings at some point. I set it up quite recently with DSPlayer, so I don't know yet if there are many movies that display this issue. If it's only a few I'll just do a re-encode probably.
Is there a build that exists that would take advantage of true HD audio such as found in DDDamians builds - https://github.com/DDDamian/xbmc/downloads that also combines the ability to play 10bit properly as this DS player build does? It would be nice to have the improved audio quality but choosing a build other than this one isn't really an option as it would render much of my anime not playable without it.
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DSPlayer (DirectShow Player for XBMC) Eden build available13