Remote Design
First off, let me say that this remote is one of the best apps I own for my Android, and makes XBMC so much more enjoyable.

I've been itching to get into Android development for a while, and if it isn't too bold of me to say so, I'd like to start by contributing to this project.

A little history on me, I'm a software dev. who has been doing graphic design/web design as a hobby for nearly a decade now. I've also dabbled with Android development both while in college and on my own, and find it to be a very sophisticated platform to work with.

In any case, I think I could make the best contributions to this project by working on the UI. I attached an extremely fast mock-up of what I'm thinking for the main screen. Sadly I'm lazy on Sunday nights, and you get the vertical mock-up.

Essentially, I think the UI should take advantage of touch controls, starting with big, beautiful icons and a swiping "carousel" menu approach. What I attached is a nice starting point, using the custom icons referenced by I believe Hitch, the creator of Alaska, but don't quote me on this. I just wanted to give a quick visualization of what I'd like to do to this program.

If it seems like something the team is interested in, let me know. I'm more than happy to put in some time to work on something I use on a near-daily basis.

Mock-Up:
Very nice looking!!
Thanks...it was sloppily done in 5 minutes...which is why the font makes no sense at all. I'm just starting to think though, this old way of having a standard remote, while I believe should be there in some form, is kind of getting outdated. I love the way that the XBMC Remote does a lot of things, especially all the information it grabs, but the UI could be better. And I'd like to help Laugh
Those icons are called Amora and the author is David Lanham. While they look great, I'm not sure about their usefulness, since it's not always obvious what they mean to symbolize. Also, you'll need to clarify what license they are under.

The carousel code, however, I'd like to see and test and eventually integrate. Why don't you fork the project on GitHub and start committing your code?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Design0