Video Trailer and Descriptions Questions
Hi guys !

Im new with XBMC Smile Im using it for now 2 weeks and this is really great. But id like to extend my knowledge and improve my Video Library Smile

Here's the deal:
  • Is this possible to add my Video files a description/plot for each one of them ?
  • Is there anyway to add a Trailer to my video files for each one of them also ?

How could this be done ?

Is there a specific Skin that would help out to manage my Video Library ? Ill only using this for that purpose so Smile Id like to get the best for my personal needs.

Thanks for answering.
Yes there are many things to do what you ask.

Quote:Is this possible to add my Video files a description/plot for each one of them ?

To accomplish this, first thing is to make sure your folder structure is proper to avoid any potential problems. Most people have a TV show and a movie folder setup as such:

root\TV\TV show name\Season\file.avi
root\Movie\Movie name\Movie.avi

Check these link out for more info:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Video_Library
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=101157 (I use Media center master because of the Download parser...its a wonrderful thing Nod )

Quote:Is there anyway to add a Trailer to my video files for each one of them also ?

I use Media Center Master to handle trailers (downloads them and shrinks them so they dont take up to much room all while keeping the quality of the trailer) but you can also get streaming trailer (links to youtube or other) depending on your preference and space. I have a mix of both. The links above should get you started on the right path.

Quote:Is there a specific Skin that would help out to manage my Video Library

It all about what you find nice and what functions you want to have (not all skins support every plugin or feature of XBMC) Check this link out to help you choose.

XBMC is a very big world so take your time and experiment till you find whats right for you. A good idea is to take a few of your media and test stuff before working on your entire collection.

Good Luck and hope that helps Wink

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
Thanks for the reply. Thatt helped me a bit.

Is there anyway to add Movie information without using scrapper because those are family's movies ... Its personal its not on IMDB lol Smile Same thing for the trailer ... Ive done one for the movies just for purpose testings .. Wink

Thanks.
Possible. Please check http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...ary#Movies for the metadata part of the custom library item. XBMC also supports local movie trailer files using the naming standard: <moviename>-trailer.avi.

Example:

myhomemovie.avi
* myhomemovie.nfo
* myhomemovie.tbn
* myhomemovie-fanart.jpg
* myhomemovie-trailer.avi
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Trailer and Descriptions Questions0