Tv series all eps showing up twice
any other ideas?
ilovemymac Wrote:I found a file after I started the process again of scrapping. Myvideos54. But even deleting it which is in the xbmc folder or deleting the whole xbmc folder does nothing it starts all over. It scans through once then scans it again.
I'm sharing from a myBook live. It is plugged in via Ethernet to the appletv.

I have never had the issue before and not sure why all the sudden I am now.
I spent over 2 hours working on this tonight. I cleaned everything several times but it comes back the second you add the path and asks (even with no user data there or xbmc folder) and says refresh data for this path. It's giving me a headache.

If a Mac still accesses this drive it might still make those files. It does this as a way to save metadata used by OSX when the drive is in a non Mac native format. I used to have this issue with an old mp3 player where duplicate files would seemingly be created, and it turned out to be my Mac making these metadata save files.

Here's what I would do. Go and get TinkerTool like I mentioned before, but this time tell it to show hidden files. Then look at the mybook drive on your Mac and see if there are any files like .DS_Store or even ._Filename
ilovemymac Wrote:any other ideas?
sorry, not sure but did you go to settings=>video=> clean library?
Ned Scott Wrote:If a Mac still accesses this drive it might still make those files. It does this as a way to save metadata used by OSX when the drive is in a non Mac native format. I used to have this issue with an old mp3 player where duplicate files would seemingly be created, and it turned out to be my Mac making these metadata save files.

Here's what I would do. Go and get TinkerTool like I mentioned before, but this time tell it to show hidden files. Then look at the mybook drive on your Mac and see if there are any files like .DS_Store or even ._Filename

Ok I'll try it. I do know other then moving tue files over once they are downloaded the mybook live is hooked directly to the apple tv.

The weird thing is the nfs never showed up before. I always used zeroconfig. But now that crashes the system as in my other post.
I have tried upnp but the xbmc won't scan it.

Now let me make this clear. When I go into files only 1 file of each shows up. It's only when it's scanned or whatever into the library that it puts more then one. It scans through verything once then again as though it has not scanned the files before. That has never happened before and is what is confusing me.

Yes I have rub clean library many times.
Ok I downloaded tinkertool. I deleted all ds store files. Then went into WTF deleted the whole xbmc folder as before and started over. But no difference still 2 of some shows 4 of others. 2 and 3 of all movies.

So what do we try now? Could it be sometime in xbmc? But even then I have done installs from nitotv and manually via terminal. And then upgraded to nightly 7/27. So I'm not sure what now.
It might be resource fork files biting you.

Try File Finder to see if there's any hidden files (search for ._).

Then you can use BlueHarvest (Contextual Menu) to clean 'em up.
tuckbodi Wrote:It might be resource fork files biting you.

Try File Finder to see if there's any hidden files (search for ._).

Then you can use BlueHarvest (Contextual Menu) to clean 'em up.

Already tried. See a few posts up.
do you by any chance have multiple 'sources' pointing at the same location?
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Ardalista Wrote:do you by any chance have multiple 'sources' pointing at the same location?

What do you mean? I have 2 things 1for movies and 1 for tv shows. Both on the mybooklive but different folders named for either movies or tv shows.
But I have no other xbmc on any other device.

It never did this even in all the updates before and all the times I had to restore my atv2 and reinstall xbmc.

This time I programmed my harmony remote to work with the atv2 and then after using it a few times the next day it wouod not respond to the apple remote anymore and i reinstalled and everything and that's when it all started.
If you watch the library scanning for tv shows it scans through each tv show once then again.
So I have star trek so it scans all season of ds9 star trek. Then it comes back and it scans the show again which is how i edn up with 2 or more of an episode.
Now with movies it does not do that.
ok after i installed tinker tool and told it to allow to see hidden files i noticed that in the tv shows folder along with each folder for each show a folder called .appledouble was there and when i click on it everything that was in the folder was in that folder. So maybe XBMC sees this and thinks that there are really several things there when they are not. I did however delete every .appledouble folder and am now going to run XBMC to scrape again and see what happens
Well it solved the problem on a few tv shows but others still scan twice yet I can't find anything that makes it do that. It also fixed the movies taking out the .apple double file.
Now why it's not solving it for other tv shows I can't understand.
ilovemymac Wrote:Well it solved the problem on a few tv shows but others still scan twice yet I can't find anything that makes it do that. It also fixed the movies taking out the .apple double file.
Now why it's not solving it for other tv shows I can't understand.

I had a similar problem with the daily show. My file names were something like the_daily_show_15x190_10.20.10_guest_name.avi. After putting brackets around the date part e.g the_daily_show_15x190_(10.20.10)_guest_name.avi the problem disappeared (dont forget to do a cleandb).

Hope it helps.
ilovemymac Wrote:ok after i installed tinker tool and told it to allow to see hidden files i noticed that in the tv shows folder along with each folder for each show a folder called .appledouble was there and when i click on it everything that was in the folder was in that folder. So maybe XBMC sees this and thinks that there are really several things there when they are not. I did however delete every .appledouble folder and am now going to run XBMC to scrape again and see what happens

That's why I suggested BlueHarvest. It can clean-up existing drives/folders of all your DS Store files AND AppleDouble files. It can also prevent them from re-occurring. Yeah it costs money but it does a good job.

Ned Scott Wrote:Already tried. See a few posts up.

Maybe I'm missing something, and I've used TinkerTool since v1, but where does it clean up resource fork files (and DS Store files for that matter)? I know it can prevent DS Store files but can it clean up existing? And what about resource fork files? BlueHarvest does both and more.

And I use File Finder to give me a count of all the "pesky" files, before and after, to make sure I get them all.

Both these tools took care of my double movies showing up off my NAS.
tuckbodi Wrote:That's why I suggested BlueHarvest. It can clean-up existing drives/folders of all your DS Store files AND AppleDouble files. It can also prevent them from re-occurring. Yeah it costs money but it does a good job.

Maybe I'm missing something, and I've used TinkerTool since v1, but where does it clean up resource fork files (and DS Store files for that matter)? I know it can prevent DS Store files but can it clean up existing? And what about resource fork files? BlueHarvest does both and more.

And I use File Finder to give me a count of all the "pesky" files, before and after, to make sure I get them all.

Both these tools took care of my double movies showing up off my NAS.

Because paying for something that drags/drops files into the trash is pants-on-head retarded.

You only have to delete them once. The DS_Store option also stops the resource fork files.

Even if you wanted something more automated, free utilities that go farther than TinkerTool have existed for years.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv series all eps showing up twice0