Remove Windowed Mode Completely
Hi,

For some reason my XBMC has reverted to windowed mode and can this can only be removed when I press the backslash key. I think using Teamviewer via an Ipad has caused this because the resolution kept flicking back and forth.

What I need now is to remove windowed mode completely from my settings as it keeps reverting back to windowed mode from full screen when xbmc starts.

I have done numerous searches but was unsure on the definitive answer.

Can I Delete windowed mode from the guisettings.xml?

thanks
I also use Teamviewer to remote into my PC from work and discovered if I set display mode to full screen but disable "use a full screen window rather than a true full screen" then I cann't see anything remotely.

I guess if you don't care to see XBMC via teamviewer this won't be an issue for you.

Look under Settings - System - Video Output
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Ardalista Wrote:I also use Teamviewer to remote into my PC from work and discovered if I set display mode to full screen but disable "use a full screen window rather than a true full screen" then I cann't see anything remotely.

I guess if you don't care to see XBMC via teamviewer this won't be an issue for you.

Look under Settings - System - Video Output

Thanks. I only access the PC to organise media. Usually when XBMC is on when i connect there is a black screen (someone is watching xbmc!) so i log out again. However, since connecting with my ipad last night the resolution settings have messed up.

I just need to remove windowed mode from the options so XBMC only starts in fullscreen mode. The option you mentioned above is no longer there!
"use a full screen window rather than a true full screen"

thanks
if you mean it's not selectable but showing faded out then make sure you are on full screen to start with by pressing the backslash key then when it is full screen you should see the option become available.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

XBMC should remember the state it was last used in, so if it's fullscreen when you shut it down it should start in fullscreen next time.

If you open guisettings.xml with your favourite text editor the setting is:

Code:
<videoscreen>
        <screenmode>WINDOW</screenmode>
    </videoscreen>

You can change the screen mode to DESKTOP, but it shouldn't be necessary to manually edit guisettings.xml.

As a last resort, if you create an advancedsettings.xml in your userdata folder there is a setting to force fullscreen. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...lscreen.3E

JR
Thanks. Will give the above a try
Fixed this without any of the above. Logged back into the pc with Realvnc and was then able to adjust the settings as they reappeared.

Teamviewer from the ipad (doesn't happen from another pc) must have somehow changed the resolution of the tv - hdmi input.

could be wrong but it has never happened before and i log in with teamviewer via a pc or laptop all the time.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove Windowed Mode Completely0