will it work DTS-HD Passthrough
>>X<<' Wrote:Yes if you want to run Eden

If its only HD audio your interested in then I would just use Eden assuming its been added by then Smile

At least DSPlayer finished with a good build I'm using Rev 553d719 and not had a single problem

I'm currently using the same build and it's awesome! Occasionally I have to use the DVD player to play a file, (probably because I'm not well versed in FFDshow) but I just use the DVD Player for those odd ones.

Thanks for all your feedback!
steelman1991 Wrote:Why don't you have a read at the thread linked to earlier? No

Answer to encourage your laziness though is yes.

Sorry mate must of missed the link will have a good read of it but thanks for that can not wait for it
meridius Wrote:hi all just installed xbmc and wanted to know if it can do DTS-HD Passthrough ? and if not is it going to be added in the new version of xbmc at all becasue i can only play DTS

thanks for any help
you can launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. with your dts-hd/truehd capable video card and avr, you'll see dts-hd/truehd flash on your avr display. note- if you have any special playercorefactory configuration for external player, you might want to turn it off.

if you're using win7 mce, here are step by step to pass-through dts-hd and truehd codecs to your avr via hdmi:

1. download- w7 codec pack
2. download- shark007 32bit. if you're running w7 x64, you have to download this too- shark007 64-bit
3. follow this step by step visual instruction after 1&2 downloaded and the settings have to be correct for it to work properly- (dts-hd and truehd pass-through)

you'll see dts-hd and truehd display on your avr during bd playback. i tried gnomeo/juliet (dts-hd) and how to train your dragon (truehd) using both xbmc and mce, and both players can playback dts-hd and truehd fine.

enjoy it!
thanks for that
Hi all

I was wondering, is it best to use boost volume down mix when using 2.0 stereo to tv ?

And would u turn it off when sending it to the amp using hdmi or optical using 5.1 ?

Thanks

Thanks for any help
meridius Wrote:Hi all

I was wondering, is it best to use boost volume down mix when using 2.0 stereo to tv ?

That depends on your TV if volume levels are low on your screen when being down mixed then yes

meridius Wrote:And would u turn it off when sending it to the amp using hdmi or optical using 5.1 ?

Thanks

Thanks for any help

If your sending 5.1 your not down mixing any more so that wont effect it on or off
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
bluray Wrote:you can launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio. with your dts-hd/truehd capable video card and avr, you'll see dts-hd/truehd flash on your avr display. note- if you have any special playercorefactory configuration for external player, you might want to turn it off.
So I just replace the original xbmc files with those and can bitstream? Running xbmc 10.1
hick Wrote:So I just replace the original xbmc files with those and can bitstream? Running xbmc 10.1
you do not have to do anything to the existing version in your htpc. you can simply launch xbmc within the enclosed folder, and it'll bitstream dts-hd and truehd flawless. if you don't like my background stuffs, you can replace it with your own photo.
>>X<<' Wrote:That depends on your TV if volume levels are low on your screen when being down mixed then yes

If your sending 5.1 your not down mixing any more so that wont effect it on or off

So you do not need to turn off down mix when having 5.1, as xbmc auto disables down mix when u have 5.1 selected, is this right

Also what other audios have it enabled for example 2.1?

Cheers
meridius Wrote:So you do not need to turn off down mix when having 5.1, as xbmc auto disables down mix when u have 5.1 selected, is this right

Also what other audios have it enabled for example 2.1?

Cheers

any help on this just wanted to make sure
If an audio track starts life as a 5.1 track and you output something different than that then its being down mixed

I assume you have ears what ever format you select turn it on and off and find out for yourself it will either boost volume or it wont Shocked
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
will it work DTS-HD Passthrough0