[WINDOWS] XBMC Ignoring local banner/posters etc
I recently reinstalled XBMC Dharma and when I added my files to the library it went off and scraped data as usual but it cached images from TVDB rather than use the local banner.jpg or poster.jpg.

I don't mind it happening for new shows but I want it to display the files I already have, especially as it's not picking up the correct things fom TVDB ie it's either not downloading anything or it's downloading banner when it should be a poster and vice versa.

Anyone got any ideas?
GregKael Wrote:I recently reinstalled XBMC Dharma and when I added my files to the library it went off and scraped data as usual but it cached images from TVDB rather than use the local banner.jpg or poster.jpg.
by default, xbmc only checks for folder.jpg, so yes your banner.jpg and poster.jpg images are being ignored.

GregKael Wrote:I don't mind it happening for new shows but I want it to display the files I already have, especially as it's not picking up the correct things fom TVDB ie it's either not downloading anything or it's downloading banner when it should be a poster and vice versa.

in the scraper settings you can specify if it should download banners or posters.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I get the folder.jpg part although I've never had them before only banner.jpg and that worked. Unless tvdb was scraping the same banners I had chosen and it was displaying those.
If you use a skin such as Neon which supports banners and posters, is the folder.jpg still required. It seems inefficient to require storage for 3 jpegs, seasonxx.tbn's, logo.png and the NFO files for the season.

The scraping is ignoring the setting when it scrapes I'm getting banners for some shows, posters for other, and for the majority nothing at all from the log there seems to be some kind of error when caching them.

I tried switching to a nightly build last night to see if that made a difference, it didn't. Will swap back to Dharma tonight and tinker some more.
in case you get stuck, there's two thing you can do:
- first, when in trouble, always test things in the default skin Confluence.
- second, remove your entire tvshow library, enable debug logging, restart xbmc
than do a fresh library scan and pastbin your Debug Log.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It was doing it in confluence as well, but I found out why it was doing it. There were some system protected hidden files (folder.jpg) in some folders. I couldn't see them in explorer and only found it when I tried to create folder.jpg in one of them.

I've just gone through and created a folder.jpg for each one based off the banner file I had already. Not the best solution but it worked. It means duplication of files but I can live with that.
(post moved to this thread)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] XBMC Ignoring local banner/posters etc0