Thoughts on best configuration? [AppleTV2]
Question 
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get my ATV2 set up again for XBMC, but this time I want to automate the process of downloading, renaming, updating library, etc. as much as possible.

Right now I am planning on running XBMC on my ATV2 which has to be connected via wireless (Too far from router...)

I have an old computer which I want to use as a server to run all of the automation apps (MediaFrontpage, Sickbeard, CouchPotato, Subsonic, etc.) The graphics card in this box is shot so it will really only be a LAMP stack for now. I can wire this into the network.

All of my media will be downloaded and stored on my main computer since it has the most storage and I spend most of my time on there anyways.

It clearly sucks having to distribute the system over three devices like this, but currently that's the only way I can make it work without putting up some cash (either for a new graphics card or some NAS) Tongue.

Sooo does anyone care to weigh in? Will this work? Or is it going to be slow and ridiculous? haha How can I make the most of what I have?

Thanks for any input,

Lunias
I speak probably being biased since this is what i've just done but I bought a buffalo NAS, stuck nzbget and nzbgetweb on it. Installed a post processing script on there so that it unzips and places into relevant folders. Even have it scanning newzbin for my bookmarks so when i'm out at work it will download anything I want, repair and unrar it into the folder of my choice. Then when I come home it's all nicely ready for me to stick into XBMC.

I'm sure if I put my mind to it I could even have it auto added to the XBMC library?

Great thing is that because it's a NAS the data is available to my whole network.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thoughts on best configuration? [AppleTV2]0