• 1(current)
[WIP] Media Manager for NAS coded in php
Hello the board,

Let's me introduce a new project to manage the mysql database of XBMC.

More informations (sorry in French) and screenshots here : http://tamplan.free.fr/index.php/gestion...depart-133

Why this tool ? :

- changing database informations on the NAS with no need to have XBMC or clients on (from work, school, vacation ...)
- Learning the CodeIgniter framework and some tips with JQuery.

So if the explications text is written in French, the user interface is easly translatable in your language.

I hope to release an alpha version as soon as possible...

Regards,

EDIT 17 january 2012
First beta to test available ONLY for linux based system for the moment

EDIT 19 january 2012
Code is available at https://github.com/tamplan/Media-Manager...S-for-XBMC

It still work ONLY for linux based system for the moment.
it looks awesome !!! Big Grin

I cannot wait for first release ... good work
Looks nice!
Keep up the good work
REALLY INTERESTED!
Started myself multiple times but never had the time to finish Wink

Some questions:
- Will this be capable to scan selected folders on the NAS machine (same as WebServer) for contents?
- Will there be a plugin system so others can help you?
- Is it using the XBMC MySQL db OR do you rely on NFO (etc.) files OR do you use an own db?

My Idea was to:
- Have an own DB.
- Let XBMC instances have THEIR own DB (sqlite)
- Write a Scraper that asks the LAN MediaManager for details.

This way you could:
- setup new XBMC instances in no time
- keep NFO (etc.) separate from the Multimedia files
- have fast client boxes that all share the same content
- run more syncing stuff in XBMC addon (like seen-state, update posters,...)
- easily backup your media library while keeping the metadata separate from the files.
- add a streaming server (ffmpeg, videolan,...) and watch movies directly from the MediaManager (Tablet-PC, Netbook,...)

One could even think of getting rid of XBMC and write a fully WebBased (while still only usable in LAN) Media-Center Application that will run on any stupid box that has a Browser (in fullscreen mode).
But noone wants to drop XBMC! Love it too much Wink
Croaker Wrote:REALLY INTERESTED!
Some questions:
- Will this be capable to scan selected folders on the NAS machine (same as WebServer) for contents?
- Will there be a plugin system so others can help you?
- Is it using the XBMC MySQL db OR do you rely on NFO (etc.) files OR do you use an own db?
You will can scan the folders and add new content in the NAS
A plugin system exist but must be completed and unified.
I use only de MySQL db from XBMC

The goal of this tool is update/manage informations shared db and pictures centralised on a NAS for clients over a LAN.
Seems nice but....

Release it naow ! For science of course.
It doesn't matter if it do a sudo rm -r / of my NAS, steal my credit cards info and insult my friends.

We all love bleeding edge don't we?
Ive been waiting for something like this. Cant wait to test it.
Bedroom Room - Raspberry pi, Openelec Nightly
Living Room - Atom 330/ion, 2gb, 30sg sad, Openelec Nightly
Office - MSI H67MA-E35 (B3), Intel I3-2100, 8GB G.SKILL ram, Corsair SSD, Generic case, Openelec Nightly, Aeon MQ4 skin
Storage - Zotac GF-6100-E, AMD Sempron 140, 5 x 2TB hdd, 2GB AData ram, Rosewill R102-P-BK case, Unraid 5.14b
Star 
I began to code only two scrapers (themovidb.org for movies and thetvdb for tvshows).

Everyone who wants help, can give me some examples of filename with there associated scraper for the video db ?

Examples :
Code:
'[b]Dexter.S01E01.avi[/b]' with tvdb is an episode of a tvshow.
'[b]Inception.avi[/b]' with themoviedb is a movie.

What about for anime or musicvideo and others scrapers ?

Thanks by advance
Why would you want to code scrapers? If it's in XBMC library then it has already been scraped...
Scannig from XBMC a folder with tvshows with 'NCIS' result with a tvshow in english language, it's not correct for me because I'm French.

Another examples are for 'xXx', 'Back To The Future', the scraper can return the wrong movie.

Viewving the page of a movie in the application, I can refresh (like form XBMC) and select the correct movie.

But my previous post is more to have examples of filename with others scrapers because I don't have any anime or other media with others scrapers than themoviedb or the tvdb.
I'll be happy to test alpha-versions. Have two apache-servers running. Please provide a download?
As I'm german:
{somepathonlan}\Serien\Battlestar Galactica\Staffel 01\01 - 33 Minuten.avi
or
{somepathonlan}\Serien\Battlestar Galactica\Staffel 02\01 Die verlorene Flotte.mpg

And for Movies:
{somepathonlan}\Filme\A\A History of Violence.avi
or
{somepathonlan}\Filme\X\X-Men\X-Men Origins - Wolverine.avi
Sorry, i have no version to realease for the moment, miss some navigation screen and the conversion of paths between client and server.

I plan to work this tomorow to realease a preview as soon as possible.

Need to translate the application too before realease it.

The problem is I change often many strings in the different screens and cut/paste large piece of code betwwen severals files. I spent time to organize the translation files and begin to comment files in english.

Please, post here some examples of your installation (client and server)

Thanks Croaker
This Tool sounds promising.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
My servers are on Ubuntu 10.4 server edition and Ubuntu 10.10 Desktop. Both have apache2 installed with php5. Sites installed and running on apache: drupal, joomla, spotweb, mediafrontpage,newznab.

My clients also Ubuntu desktop's 10.10, with firefox (and chromium).

My foldersetup for movies:
/movies/Moviename (YEAR)/moviename.dvdrip.xvid.diamond.avi (original usenet filenames), and this folder is filled with moviename-trailer.mov, xbcm nfo file, fanart, folder.jpg, and subtitlefiles.

My foldersetup for tvshows:
/TVShows/Showname/showname.SxE.hdtv.xvid-lol.avi (original usenet filenames), also with xbmc set of info/pictures.

I have all seasons in one folder, no subseasonfolders. Btw, in dutch season or saison is seizoen.

I can translate from english to dutch if you need translators. (I translated a lot for Calibre (the ebook-suite) on launchpad) and earlier also for Advanced Renamer (http://www.advancedrenamer.com)
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Media Manager for NAS coded in php2