[MAC] crash on startup due to randomitems script
I've been ignoring this problem for a while now but I dont see a thread mentioning it so though it was worth raising.

I'm running the nightly build from July 28th on a OSX Lion.
XBMC freezes on startup and needs to be force closed. If I delete the script.randomitems folder from addons then it works fine.

The random items script does keep coming back though, so I need to keep deleting it! I think the updater for the skin is installing it or something.

I've tried a debug log but there's nothing in there related to the crash. Has anyone else noticed this problem, and is there a fix other than wait for Eden to be released? I'm fine just nuking the folder every now and then, but if there's an easy fix, that'd be better.
Im having the same problem since upgrading to Lion... It crashes 75% of the time I open it. Also since upgrading to lion my Harmony One hasn't worked correct in xbmc, all the buttons work like they should in xbmc except they open iTunes in the background and play songs.. I don't have my remote paired with my mac, or iTunes, I just have the IR on... I hope they come out with a patch or something soon to fix all these lion issues
mat____ Wrote:I've tried a debug log but there's nothing in there related to the crash.

Unless you're a developer then don't second guess the importance of the log. It might not say "hey this is why I crashes" but it will contain vital information to solvig this problem. For example, what skins and other add-ons are loaded. It could even be something the log isn't saying that provides a clue. Also, make sure debugging is on in XBMC's settings to get a full debug log report.
Fair comment, here's the entire debug log from launch to where XBMC becomes unresponsive. The crash is represented by a complete freeze, the debug overlay stops updating, the scrolling RSS stops moving and nothing responds. Can only exit by a force quit or kill -9

To shorten the log a little, I've deleted the numerous lines logged by script.tv.show.next.aired

here it is:
http://pastebin.com/ikcDMk7x
same issue here Sad
same problem - lion is not worth the pain

also have problems as above and also with saved state

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] crash on startup due to randomitems script0