TMDB - Unable to connect to remote server [SOLUTION INSIDE]]
Is there any fix I can try with SSH? I've just deleted all video add-ons, reinstalled youtube, rebooted, changed scraper back to TMDB, scanned and still same problem. TTVDB is picking up shows fine, it's just movies. TMDB says unable to connect, IMDB doesn't give an error but also doesn't find anything, My Movies.tk same as IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes same as TMDB, Filmweb same as IMDB, and MoviePlayer.it does find and scrape, but it's not the right info.

Sure, it could be a conincidence that TMDB has just stopped working, but since it's a widely reported problem, that I've had before myself, and it happened after failing to play trailers from the movie info page, I'm guessing something has broken with movies, behind the scenes?
Give it a day - probably a glitch. The internet is not infallible.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
LOL, I hear ya Big Grin I just presumed I'd broken something because it happened directly after failing to play trailers from the movie info.

Hopefully it will right itself. In the mean time, it's prompted me to try out CrystalBuntu (USB install) which I've been meaning to try for a while anyway

Will report back about the TMDB error...
Well CrystalBuntu is loaded and running, and it's scraping with TMDB no problem, so looks like the problem is in my Dharma build?
After playing about with Frodo on CB, I pulled the USB drive, rebooted, started XBMC (10.1) and ran a scan - same problem; no scraping from TMDB. As I said in the previous post, scraping in v12 with TMDB was not a problem, but it's not working on my original 10.1 build.

Is there anything I can look at with SSH to try and fix it?
Tmdb shut down their old API which was used in 10.1
So guess you will need to update
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
When did they shut it down? Yesterday?
(2013-09-17, 17:04)Matt_C Wrote: When did they shut it down? Yesterday?

Yep
Dammit. Well, at least it wasn't me that broke something!

Is there another scraper I can use without having to upgrade from 10.1? I ran 11 for a while, but didn't like it as much, and I just played around with 12 on CB (USB) but found it clunky, slow, and it got stuck so many times and had to hard reboot a bunch of times. I also use my ATV for AirTunes A LOT, and while 12 has AirPlay, and I can play video from iTunes (on my MacBook), everytime I try to play audio, it fails. That's a MAJOR problem for me...

10.1 is working fine, I just need a decent scraper!!!
Try the alpha gotham builds. Should be better
You lost me, sorry!
(2013-09-17, 17:39)Matt_C Wrote: You lost me, sorry!

The 13.0 monthly releases which will be the next xbmc release. Lots of things got improved.

You can download it here
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/
Oh I see, sorry! I don't think I can install that on the ATV1 - I think I'm limited to either v11 Eden or v12 Frodo, but only with the CB USB or HDD installer....
I think I'm gonna roll with Eden for a bit - seems to be working well enough, and I've found a skin that *almost* takes me back to the original Confluence skin I had on Dharma (I just like the layout on that; the poster wrap for movies and Media Info 2 for TV shows is perfect). And it's scraping fine!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB - Unable to connect to remote server [SOLUTION INSIDE]]0