• 10(current)
[MAC] Compiling on OSX Lion / Xcode 4.1`
(2013-03-20, 22:30)mm_half3 Wrote: Maybe using the xcodebuild command line in the readme is not setting things up the same as with the xcode gui. Given your post saying the check is to look in Makefile.include in the xbmc src dir, checked that file and the CFLAGS variable does have -D_DEBUG in it. That explains why the Make command is trying to create the image from the XBMC.app in the Debug directory. But my build did not create the debug directory, maybe because I wanted the release version and used the line in section 4.2 of the readme that has a -configuration Release option in it. Not sure why the CFLAGS in Makefile.include has -D_DEBUG in it, unless it defaults to that, and the xcodebuild -configuration option over rides it. You did mention build/Release and build/Debug should both be there and as soft-links, my build directory only has Release and it is not a link (soft or hard) to anything (checked the inodes). build/Release hast he XBMC.app directory in it.

The original Makefile will work if I create a soft link for build/Debug to build/Release. Is the -configuration Release line in xcodebuild supposed to set that up?

Thanks for the advices only needed to do git clean -xfd, delete the xbmc depends folder and run my script without sudo. Thanks again.
I have another question, i do my custom build of xbmc because i like to have vda decoder enabled but i have a problem with a "Bottom & Left(Right on my case) Edge pixels flickering"(another topic on the forum) that bugs me like hell when hardware acceleration is enabled. If i want to stay up to date i have to git pull all the time and build all over again?
Hi,
I think I have a very similar problem so I think it's fair to use this thread.

I'm trying to compile xbmc 32bit on an osx machine with just one little adjustment in the source code but It won't work for some reason. I think it's just a little mistake I'm making so I hope you can figure it out quickly.

I'm compiling xbmc 12.2 stable using the readme.osx.

My machine: Mac Mini, OSX 10.7.5, Xcode 4.3.3

I saved all the terminal action on my 3rd try:

3.1 Install XBMC build depends
3.1.1 Compiling as 32 Bit binary

$ cd $HOME/XBMC
$ cd tools/darwin/depends
$ ./bootstrap pastebin
$ ./configure --with-darwin=osx pastebin
$ make pastebin (copied only last couple of lines as it was too long. tell me if you need more, I saved it.)

4. How to compile
4.a Compilation by using command-line building via xcodebuild or by compiling via Xcode GUI

$ cd $HOME/XBMC
$ make -C tools/darwin/depends/xbmc pastebin
$ make clean pastebin
$ make xcode_depends pastebin
$ make -C lib/addons/script.module.pil pastebin

4.1 Using Xcode
Xcode 4.3.x and later

Menu -> Product -> Edit Sheme -> "Run XBMC"/"Debug" -> Add XBMC_HOME into
the List of "Environment Variables".Set the value to the path to thev XBMC
root folder. For example, "/Users/bigdog/Documents/XBMC" screenshot

Then compiling gives me a lot of warnings regarding "avcodec_encode_audio" and the xbmc doesn't run when the building is finished.

It would be really great if you guys could look into this for me. Thanks!
run it in Xcode and tell us why it's not running ?
thanks for your response.

When I click on "Run" it compiles it giving me abou 75 warnings like this one:
Code:
'avcodec_encode_audio' is deprecated (declared at lib/ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h:4406)
most of them regarding the avcodec_encode_audio

then it gives me the build successfull popup message but nothing else happens. I thought then XBMC should run, am I wrong?

I don't really know what more information to give to you
This warnings are unrelated. If you hit run - it should run.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-05-13, 13:33)Memphiz Wrote: This warnings are unrelated. If you hit run - it should run.
Yeah I figured that but it just doesn't.

Any chance you look into my logs of building the dependencies which I posted earlier? I think something must have gone wrong there but I can't see what it is.
(2013-05-14, 22:21)rufus99 Wrote:
(2013-05-13, 13:33)Memphiz Wrote: This warnings are unrelated. If you hit run - it should run.
Yeah I figured that but it just doesn't.

Any chance you look into my logs of building the dependencies which I posted earlier? I think something must have gone wrong there but I can't see what it is.

What error do you get when you push the run button? Suggestion: open a terminal and run "tail -F ~/Library/Logs/xbmc.log", then run again and check for errors. Have you set XBMC_HOME in Product->Scheme->Edit Scheme... tab "Arguments" for both "Release" and "Debug" (to be on the sure side)

Btw, post 20-25 lines for the link statement from the last build output (copy and paste the row "Link ....") that is simular to this:

Code:
Ld /Users/lars/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/XBMC-buaeqjczftnrssfpwbfinbdalhkn/Build/Products/Debug/XBMC normal i386
    cd /Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump
    setenv MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 10.6
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/llvm-g++-4.2 -arch i386 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk -L/Users/lars/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/XBMC-buaeqjczftnrssfpwbfinbdalhkn/Build/Products/Debug -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/libRTV -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/libXDAAP -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/cmyth/libcmyth -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/cmyth/librefmem -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/libsquish -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/SlingboxLib -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/xbmc/interfaces/json-rpc -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/ffmpeg/libavcodec -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/ffmpeg/libavutil -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/ffmpeg/libavformat -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/ffmpeg/libavfilter -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/ffmpeg/libavdevice -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/ffmpeg/libswresample -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/ffmpeg/libpostproc -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/ffmpeg/libswscale -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/xbmc/interfaces/python -L/Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/xbmc/interfaces/legacy -F/Users/lars/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/XBMC-buaeqjczftnrssfpwbfinbdalhkn/Build/Products/Debug -filelist /Users/lars/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/XBMC-buaeqjczftnrssfpwbfinbdalhkn/Build/Intermediates/XBMC.build/Debug/XBMC.build/Objects-normal/i386/XBMC.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-search_paths_first -all_load -L/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_i386-target/lib -lffi -lintl -lssl -lbz2 -lexpat -lresolv -lgpg-error -lssh -llzo2 -lpcre -lpcrecpp -lfribidi -lcdio -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lsqlite3 -lsamplerate -ltinyxml -lmicrohttpd -lyajl -ljpeg -lcrypto -lgcrypt -lavdevice -lavfilter -lavcodec -lavformat -lpostproc -lavutil -lswresample -lswscale -lGLEW -lSDL -lsmbclient -lpython2.6 -ltag -L/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/macosx10.8_i386-target/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient /usr/local/lib/libopus.a /usr/local/lib/libspeex.a -fobjc-link-runtime -lrtv -lxdaap -lsquish /Users/lars/src/xbmc/xbmc-ffmpeg-version-bump/lib/SlingboxLib/SlingboxLib.a -lz -lm -liconv -framework ApplicationServices -framework AudioUnit -framework AudioToolbox -framework Cocoa -framework CoreAudio -framework CoreVideo -framework CoreServices -framework DiskArbitration -framework IOKit -framework IOSurface -framework OpenGL -framework QuartzCore -framework CoreFoundation -framework SystemConfiguration -o /Users/lars/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/XBMC-buaeqjczftnrssfpwbfinbdalhkn/Build/Products/Debug/XBMC
1. XBMC: http://github.com/FlyingRat/xbmc (ffmpeg-head-inc-xbmc-patches)
2. FFmpeg: http://github.com/FlyingRat/FFmpeg (ffmpeg-head-with-xbmc-custom-patches)
3. XBMC-updated-FFmpeg-binaries (just dev snapshots, no regular distros)
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Compiling on OSX Lion / Xcode 4.1`0