Attempt: Animated Parent folder in GIF
Smile 
Hello

I am redesigning whole icons for skin CirrusExtendedv2

I read in some threads that XBMC reads animated gif…

so I made this one:

So now what I need to know, is how to indicate XBMC to which picture it must connect to.
I guess it's just a matter of replacing "DefaultFolderBack.png" to "DefaultFolderBack.gif" somewhere in XBMC general code, but where?

or more simple, maybe is there a way to do this writing in userdata/advancedsettings.xml
But I am a designer, not a coder, so in such a case, what should I write in the advancedsettings?

Thanks
From what I've seen, with how XBMC handles movie thumbnails, is that the image code is extension-agnostic.

Rename your DefaultFolderBack.gif to DefaultFolderBack.png, press Yes when Windows threatens to kill an endangered species for going against its ways, and then try XBMC again.

"I disclaim all extinctions that may occur, but only for the really cute ones."
I already tried that. XBMC reads only the 1st sprite (so no animation). That's why I'm looking for a way to do this through code
there's no way to do this through advancedsettings and i don't think you want to modify the xbmc source code and compile your own build?

the 'easiest' way would be the modify your skin files to use the animated icon instead of the default one.

i'm not sure if / how well xbmc handles animated gifs,
but i could test it in a bit.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
According to the devolopper of the Cirrusextended skin (Butchabay), the DefaultFolder back is not handled by the skin unfortunately
ronie Wrote:i'm not sure if / how well xbmc handles animated gifs,
but i could test it in a bit.

just tested and i think it's pretty obvious xbmc doesn't handle animated gifs quite well.

you may be better off splitting the individual frames into separate .png files
and use a multiimage control for it in the skin.

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:According to the devolopper of the Cirrusextended skin (Butchabay), the DefaultFolder back is not handled by the skin unfortunately

correct, however we can hide the default one and show a custom one instead.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
XBMC should allow a .gif to be used (rename to .png so it sets it by default) as long as it's not run through the background texture loader. i.e. make sure the <texture> tag doesn't have background=true set.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:XBMC should allow a .gif to be used (rename to .png so it sets it by default) as long as it's not run through the background texture loader. i.e. make sure the <texture> tag doesn't have background=true set.

Thank you very much for your answer but uhhh... I didn't understand anything about what you said about texture tag

jmarshall Wrote:XBMC should allow a .gif to be used

gifs, yes...but animated gifs?

as mentioned above, renaming to .png will result in a static image
and using it as-is will result in it being rendered in a horrible way :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Attempt: Animated Parent folder in GIF0