• 5(current)
[RELEASE] NFL.com (video) add-on
Thanks divingmule for this addon.

I recently moved to Germany from the US and bought NFL Game Pass to keep up with the Packers. While it does work great in Firefox, I'm always a fan of consuming media via XBMC. Hacking on this addon to get Game Pass to work is probably a bit beyond my skills, but if there is anything I can do to help, just let me know and I will be happy to test, debug, etc, etc.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

---Alex
Hi, I've looked at it but didn't get very far. The method they use to stream with their flash player is kind of like HLS, but it's not. If you look at network capture while streaming, you will see the stream is being sent in two second mp4's. There doesn't seem to be any known way to join these files for seamless playback. So it seems there is a lot of proprietary code in their player and it's beyond my skills Confused.

Hey fellas,

I'm having some trouble with this plugin. I'm running Aeon MQ 4 and I can't get any of the videos to play. Sometimes it says "one or more videos failed to play" and all other times it shows the loading circle for a second and then nothing. No videos ever pop up or play and I've tried both versions of the plugin 0.0.3 and 1.0.3. If you have any suggestions for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks much.
Add-on Update Version 1.0.6
Only the limelight 700k streams are working properly.
You may need to adjust the add-on settings or reset the defaults.

Install from my repository or you can download the zip here -->http://divingmules-repo.googlecode.com/f...-1.0.6.zip
(2012-09-22, 00:36)divingmule Wrote: The method they use to stream with their flash player is kind of like HLS, but it's not. If you look at network capture while streaming, you will see the stream is being sent in two second mp4's. There doesn't seem to be any known way to join these files for seamless playback. So it seems there is a lot of proprietary code in their player and it's beyond my skills Confused.
So, I am very new to the entire streaming world, but I think GamePass is using HDS. If this is the case, then OSMF might be a good lead, though I have no idea if it can be used inside of XBMC or if the license (MPL) is compatible.

Thoughts?

---Alex
(2012-10-31, 18:12)divingmule Wrote: Only the limelight 700k streams are working properly.

I just found out that the HD feeds do also work (I tried it with 2000k).
When you select a video, it stops and says "buffering". Just press the "Play" button and it starts without stopping (at least with me). Then at the end (about 5-10 seconds before it would have ended), it just reezes and after 10-30 seconds it will go back to the menu. For me, it is better for the highlights than watching at 700k but everybody has to decide if the picture quality is woth the wait.
Teams, Channels and Events sections just get me an error. Is anyone else getting this problem? All other menu options work and videos play fine.
Using windows 7 / Frodo.
Anyone? Season is coming up and I want all my news. Is this addon no longer the best NFL.com portal for XBMC?
Update version 1.0.7
- bug fixes

Updated my repo, or you can download as zip -> https://divingmules-repo.googlecode.com/...-1.0.7.zip
Thank you so much. I had to force a refresh of your repo and uninstall the old version to get 1.0.7, but now it works 100% again.
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I LOVE what you have done with MLBMC. Is there still no possibility of having a NFL GamePass add-on?
divingmule will be able to respond better than I, but I do think it /might/ be possioble, with some work. I think NFL GamePass is using HDS, which might make it all possible (if it's not HLS or HDS, then we're screwed). That being said, I have not dug into deeply.

---Aex
Last time I looked, it was like HLS but different. It may be HDS, if so it may* be possible with K-S-V's php script.

Someone with a subscription should check it out, or maybe you guys could donate a subscription for interested developers. Wink
I have a subscription, and am willing work with you/share in order to make it happen. I'm more of a sysadmin than a coder, but I know my share of python, perl, and PHP. Let me know if you're interested, and we can move forward from there.

---Alex
(2013-08-07, 15:16)Alexqw Wrote: I have a subscription, and am willing work with you/share in order to make it happen. I'm more of a sysadmin than a coder, but I know my share of python, perl, and PHP. Let me know if you're interested, and we can move forward from there.

---Alex

Check your PM's Cool
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NFL.com (video) add-on1