"XBMC has stopped working" - Help
Greboth Wrote:Reading the wiki, I think I have this right. My advancedsettings.xml now reads
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel hide="false">3</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Debug text
http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=t3ik6MaA

I don't see any difference though :confused2:

@bluray: no I didn't re-install windows. Not sure where this is going but I know of windows 7 liking to install over all hdd's plugged in and while I can't say for definate as I can't remember I am pretty certain only my ssd was connected during the install. Also all files and folders of the removed 1tb we copied to the newly input 2tb.
i haven't give up on you yet, and i rarely give up with troubleshooting!

try these-

1. go to start>right click xbmc>properties>do you see anything in target other than what you see in this photo- xbmc black screen. if there is any letter or sign other than the enclosed photo in the target address, please remove it. after you verify it, please try to launch xbmc as administrator.

2. if #1 doesn't work, you can try this: move guisettings.xml and profile.xml to a backup folder and try again.
rocketpants Wrote:Perhaps you can try a portable install. Install XBMC to something other than c: and then start with the -p flag

I am right in thinking that the shortcut should then read "xmbc.exe -p" I assume that is how it is because I installed on F: and it created the log file on F: however even using it in portable mode still get the same problem and the log file is the same too (used log level 2 and 3)

bluray Wrote:i haven't give up on you yet, and i rarely give up with troubleshooting!

try these-

1. go to start>right click xbmc>properties>do you see anything in target other than what you see in this photo- xbmc black screen. if there is any letter or sign other than the enclosed photo in the target address, please remove it. after you verify it, please try to launch xbmc as administrator.

That is what mine says so haven't changed anything.

bluray Wrote:2. if #1 doesn't work, you can try this: move guisettings.xml and profile.xml to a backup folder and try again.

Moved both files from C:\.....\roaming\xbmc\userdata onto memory stick and same problem still.

Starting to think my pc has a vendeta against me lol.
Greboth Wrote:I am right in thinking that the shortcut should then read "XBMC.exe -p" I assume that is how it is because I installed on F: and it created the log file on F: however even using it in portable mode still get the same problem and the log file is the same too (used log level 2 and 3)

That is what mine says so haven't changed anything.

Moved both files from C:\.....\roaming\xbmc\userdata onto memory stick and same problem still.

Starting to think my pc has a vendeta against me lol.
did you try to launch it with administrator?
one thing i noticed in your log file, the screen resolution is very high- can you try to use a lower resolution on your screen...1920x1080 might be a little bit too high. do you have the latest driver for your gtx470?
Yes I tried both normal and as administrator, Checked and nvidia have release updated driver (260.26) no luck.

I wouldn't 1920 x 1080 is high these days but lowered it down to 1280 still no luck.

I am coming to the conclusion it has nothing to do with the hdd swap as it does no matter which hdds are plugged in. Tried a fresh instal on C: with the others disconnect and same error.

I am going on holiday so wont be able to try anymore suggestions until I return. When I get back, I am thinking about finding out and old hdd and loading windows onto it and see if xbmc works then, if it does go through adding all my drivers hopefully finding something that clashes.

Thank you again for anyone who has suggested a possible solution.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"XBMC has stopped working" - Help0