Remove From Library - link to File Renaming/Deleting Option
Hello,

Background:
I'm one of the many (or few) that use External Drives with XBMC. I don't have them on all the time, it just isn't desirable with the setup and amount of drives. For me, this works well, but having other members in the household there is a risk of accidental deletion when one of the drive isn't connected and a show is selected.

Quote:This file is no longer available.
Would you like to remove it from the library?
<- No/Yes ->

Could this somehow be linked to the "File Renaming and Deletion" setting that is found under Settings-Appearance-File List?

Like if you have that option toggled "No", you don't want XBMC to rename or delete files, then it also does not automatically ask you if you want to remove said item from the library in the situation described above. Rather it just gives you a message stating the "The file is no longer available" or something to that impact.

I think this would be a desirable change. As in this instance, if I wanted to remove it from the library, I could always go to the context menu and remove it that way. It also would be, I think, in theme with the toggle of preventing renaming and deleting and just taking it a tiny step further to protect the integrity of the library.

Thanks for considering!
If this was done properly, as a patch, following these guidelines:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_submit_a_patch

and it didn't cause any issues and so forth, would this be the kind of the thing that be accepted?
tied to a mostly unrelated option; no.

done as a separate advanced setting; possibly.
spiff Wrote:tied to a mostly unrelated option; no.

done as a separate advanced setting; possibly.

OK, I'll give it a go and see what happens. Cause right now I'm too nervous to let anyone else use the system, they may get button happy and start clicking things!

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove From Library - link to File Renaming/Deleting Option0