Naming Convention
Hi, so i'm wondering what is the best way to title a TV series? I have yet to rip my TV shows to MKV's, but was wondering what is the best way to organize them so XBMC will treat them as series and place them appropriately. If i have the series of MacGyver and True Blood, should they each have their own main folder titled "MacGyver" and "Trueblood" with each file in the folder the name of the episode? Or shoudl i title the file itself something like "MacGyver-Episode1-Pilot"? Any input would be great. I just don't want to get my files disorganized and not named by the scrapers.
Go to theTVDB.com and look up your series.
Name the Folder as Found on that Site
Example:
Code:
MacGyver
Recommended That you use season folders (but not mandatory).

Name Episodes according to the theTVDB.com Page
Example:
Code:
MacGyver - S01E01 - Pilot - SD DVD

The Bare minimum that is needed in the name is the S01E01.

I keep the Series Name, Episode Name, and Source Type to help me know what episode it is in file mode (or when just browsing on windows).

so for my Example the Full File Name & structure would be
Code:
Root Video Directory\TV Shows\MacGyver\Season 1\MacGyver - S01E01 - Pilot - SD DVD.avi

Using Such a Naming Scheme keeps it very toloerant in XBMC.
I have following and they All work automatically against thetvdb scrapper .. and all looks beautifull..

/Active TV Series/
........................The Simpsons/
...........................................S01E01-Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire.iso
...........................................S02E03-Treehouse of Horror.iso
........................./Futurama/
........................................S03E03-The Cryonic Woman.iso

etc...

All I have to do is set the Content to "Active TV Series" as to scrape from TheTVDb and all goes automatically to library acordingly..
Also in the fileview eveyting is nite and clean.
You must have a show folder but after that as long as you have S01E01 in the file name almost anything should work, season folders are optional

All I use is

\Fringe\Season 1\ Fringe.S01E01.720p.mkv
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming Convention0