[WINDOWS] Making sub folders in Advanced launcher?
Alright I got a pretty good idea on how to make launchers now and what now anyone have a tip on creating sub folders in Advanced Launcher to Organize games better?
kennethk Wrote:Alright I got a pretty good idea on how to make launchers now and what now anyone have a tip on creating sub folders in Advanced Launcher to Organize games better?
You cannot actually organize launchers into sub categories in Advanced Launcher.
I'm having another problem with games, I managed to get GTA Episodes from Liberty city to work just fine, How ever when I try to launch a game thats a standalone .exe file it doesn't respond, it boots then freezes.

How ever when I play the exe from the games folder alone the game works perfectly.

Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I have the right path selected.
kennethk Wrote:I'm having another problem with games, I managed to get GTA Episodes from Liberty city to work just fine, How ever when I try to launch a game thats a standalone .exe file it doesn't respond, it boots then freezes.

How ever when I play the exe from the games folder alone the game works perfectly.

Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I have the right path selected.
Could be due to several reasons.

First common one is that XBMC and the game cannot run at the same time (using for example the same graphic or audio resources). What you can do to check this, it is to start XBMC and then start your game while XBMC is running. If the game do not start correctly thats mean that XBMC and the game cannot run at the same time. In this case you will have to create and use a script that will stop XBMC before starting the game : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6

Second possible reason if that your game cannot be started by the XBMC user. That could sound strange, but it is for example what happen when we want to start the Boxee application from XBMC. You can fix this by using the CPAU application to start your game as described here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=25
Getting a Error Script failed now that I ran then when I try to launch the game.

Still no luck though I am able to run xbmc and the game at the same time I have about 8GB of ram and nVide GeForce 120 vid card so it shouldnt be the problem.
kennethk Wrote:Getting a Error Script failed now that I ran then when I try to launch the game.

Still no luck though I am able to run xbmc and the game at the same time I have about 8GB of ram and nVide GeForce 120 vid card so it shouldnt be the problem.
Must be the second reason. Also, have you try to start your games using shortcuts as described here : http://www.gwenael.org/xbmc/index.php?ti..._shortcuts

You will need to create one .lnk shortcut for each of your game. Then put all the .lnk files into the same folder. Create a files launcher into Advanced launcher that will used the .lnk files as item.
CPAU -u kenneth -p test -ex "C:\Program Files (x86)\Boxee\BOXEE.exe -p" -wait

Am I listing that batch right?
kennethk Wrote:CPAU -u kenneth -p test -ex "C:\Program Files (x86)\Boxee\BOXEE.exe -p" -wait

Am I listing that batch right?

Code:
CPAU -u [b]USERNAME[/b] -p [b]PASSWORD[/b] -ex "[b]PATH_TO_YOUR_GAME_EXE_FILE[/b]" -wait
USERNAME and PASSWORD are windows user name and the corresponding password.

But if you want to directly add this into advanced launcher if may look like that :
Code:
<launcher>
    <name>Game</name>
    <application>C:\Windows\CPAU.exe</application>
    <args>-u [b]USERNAME[/b] -p [b]PASSWORD[/b] -ex "[b]PATH_TO_YOUR_GAME_EXE_FILE[/b]" -wait</args>
    <rompath></rompath>
I really don't have that much experience with batch and xml files so you'll have to work with me, could you show me an example of one written up?

If we don't have a password would we just leave it as password is it would look like

CPAU -u Kenneth (my PC Usersnames) -p PASSWORD -ex "Gamefile.exe" -wait
kennethk Wrote:I really don't have that much experience with batch and xml files so you'll have to work with me, could you show me an example of one written up?

If we don't have a password would we just leave it as password is it would look like

CPAU -u Kenneth (my PC Usersnames) -p PASSWORD -ex "Gamefile.exe" -wait
If you do not have any password, command line will be :
Code:
CPAU -u Kenneth -ex "C:\complete\path\to\Gamefile.exe" -wait
If you do not have a lot of experience with match and xml file you can make it from Advanced launcher. When creating a launcher select C:\Windows\CPAU.exe as application and then enter -u Kenneth -ex "C:\complete\path\to\Gamefile.exe" -wait as argument.
Still not loading, should I move it along with the other one in windows?
kennethk Wrote:Still not loading, should I move it along with the other one in windows?
What is the game that cause you problem? Are you using the Steam platform? Could you please posrt here the content of your launchers.xml file ?
The game is Bioshock and it I don't know where to find the xml files, I've just been able to Create new launchers via exe and boot my PC games that way.
kennethk Wrote:The game is Bioshock and it I don't know where to find the xml files, I've just been able to Create new launchers via exe and boot my PC games that way.
Location of the launchers.xml file depend of the operating system you are using (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Special_protocol). For example if you are under Windows 7 the launchers.xml file will be located into C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addons\plugin.advanced.launcher\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Making sub folders in Advanced launcher?0