HTPC made it by myself?
Hey everyone!

Well i have a paar of questions for u people, i want to "upgrade" my PC, and that´s mean, to buy practically a new one.

And i was thinking, what can I do with the parts of the old one? Well, sometime ago i was thinking to buy me a HTPC for my enjoy. But some things happend and i could it realese it.

Well my actually PC:

AMD 6000+ Athlon X2 (3,1Ghz)
Nvidia GT8800 512Mb
4Gb Kingston
Asus M2N Mainboard

I play XBMC in this Pc, but i find it a little to big to play my videos Look at this and uncomfortable(not good looking and a auwfull blue light XD) to place it next to my Plasma.

What I search it´s a case, a (nice, cool, good looking, small) one wich accept all the Hardware that I have. Perhaps u have some tipps for me. I just will use it as a MediaPlayer, with XBMC Live and nothing else. Nod

Thanks for take the time and read it...

Bye
Plataform: AMD FX-8120 | ATI Radeon HD7800 | 16Gb Corsair
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
| XBMC mit Night | Philips 220SW + AOC M2752V:sniffle:
Well I had a big case too! thought I would be happy with it. Take a look:

So I bought me a LIAN LI PC-V352 case and that will be here tomorrow. Should be smaller and more elegant. Especially more wife approved. Wink

Less noise and not that bright.

You have a full ATX motherboard maybe something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6811163117
[ATX] nMediaPC 6000B ($70 + $15)
@Beer40oz: Yeah it´s look like that. The problem is that my PC is not just my MediaPlayer, i use it in my normal life too(mail, write, work, games XD) and for that i have to move it from one room to another. A Small HTPC could be really practic choice.

@eskro: Thanks 4 the tipp i look it right now.
| 500Gb Samsung + 320Gb + 1,5Tb | Windows 7 Professional 64Bits | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium| Creative Inspire T6160 5.1
Oh so you move it around. Since you have a full ATX it is kinda hard to find something small. You can find smaller cases with Micro and Mini ITX .... must be a pain to be moving it around.

Would you consider building a new pc?

How many hard drives you need inside?
yeah the nMediaPC 6000B will handle all your hardware,,,
specially the ATX motherboard,,,
Beer40oz Wrote:Oh so you move it around. Since you have a full ATX it is kinda hard to find something small. You can find smaller cases with Micro and Mini ITX .... must be a pain to be moving it around.

Would you consider building a new pc?

How many hard drives you need inside?

Well Yes, i'm considering to Build a New Pc, but Not for a mediaplayer only. That's because i want to use the old Pc parts.

I'm thinking to use maximal 2 harddisks. I don't have more than 2 Tb Media Data ( Musik, Filmen, etc).

A case Big enough for 2 3.5zoll harddisk(i think just One Harddisk) motherboard, videocard, maybe DVD Player.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC made it by myself?0