• 34(current)
[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.3
hi I get this error it's says the php-cgi binary wasn't found in your system Pleas see the readem file and install it please help
(2015-03-12, 23:52)mystic84 Wrote: hi I get this error it's says the php-cgi binary wasn't found in your system Pleas see the readem file and install it please help

you have to install php and set the php path in the add on setting:

choose your system and follow the instructions:

http://php.net/manual/en/install.unix.php

http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.php

http://php.net/manual/en/install.macosx.php
what version do I install for windows 8.1
NEWBIE HERE!!!
Sorry but I just don't know how this is done. Can someone please tell me where to put the unzipped "script.ratingupdate-1.4.0" ? and then what do i do?
Idiot proof instructions please.
I seem to be having problems with the TV update. It was working previously but now it doesn't seem to be saving the ratings. For example I have a handful of Better Call Saul's without ratings. The show has been correctly selected but after an update there's no change to the ratings. I'll have to try again tomorrow with debug enabled.
I've pulled a log but not had chance to have a proper check through it yet. Looking on Kodi though it seems to be that the TV show updates aren't being stored but Movies are. Although at first glance of the log TV info is being downloaded and the addon shows on screen that a number of updates have been found.
Question about updating from IMDB:

To be clear, I know nothing about thing coding or skinning

Several posts have mentioned the option of only updating recently added movies. Is it possible to condition the script with a button that says "movies added in the last 30 days" or something to that effect?

Another idea would be to condition the script to update movies only if the total votes changes by over 1,000 votes, or maybe a percent of the total,not sure if this can be done.

In one of the posts it was mentioned that certain skins have button to update that specific movie only. Any idea of what skins have this option?

I understand that it can take a long time to write this piece of code, just brainstorming possible options.

Thanks for the script, Ilike it as is, but only have about 500 movies
Hi,

I have been relying on Rating Update since the very beginning. Ahem... I helped design the logo. It has been working great on Openelec w/ Frodo.

I am trying to upgrade to Openelec helix and I cannot get it to work. Whenever I launch the program on a single movie, I get

"The query to IMDb site is failed, sorry". It is being launched in Shednox Aeon Nox skin via a button that has the code:

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.ratingupdate,Single=Movie)</onclick>

The same setup and code forks perfectly in Frodo.

I have installed php-cgi. I get no error about php.

Is there anything I can do to get t to work. The lack of this feature is enough to keep me on Frodo. Sad

Many thanks,

H.
Does anyone have this working on Helix..? As I stated above, I get the error "The query to IMDb site is failed, sorry". The script still works fine on my Frodo machine; so IMDB did not make a change that broke it.

Please...Huh
Wink 
SOLVED my 2 posts above

I had manually copied the php file from Frodo to a certain folder in my Opelec machine. I had done the comands to make it executable, but this was not the answer.

I followed the above guide, and it works!!!
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1883036

Just make sure you go back to the Rating Update addon settings and change the php-cgi path to:

Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/tools.php/bin/

Thank you Genuk360!!!

Big Grin
yesterday i had an idea if this script could add trailer update support.
sometimes trailer links are outdated for example if the youtube account is closed etc..
if the same method with which ratings are updated could be applied to trailers that would be great.

I don't know if this is an option for this script but i thought i mention it.

thanks anyway again for this very fine script, i use it everyday with aeon shednox and aeon 5 silo mod who have it implemented this script in the gui.
Thanks for the cool add-on! Running into a problem though: it freezes up on the show "Carl's Pissed". Doesn't even pop-up a notification to search or skip, have to Alt-F4 to get out of Kodi. Any ideas? Running 14.2, script v1.4

I realize Carl's Pissed isn't a "real" show and therefore doesn't exist on IMDB, I'm just looking for suggestions on how to work around instances like this. My workaround for now is to remove the show from my library.
Thanks for formatting the user votes, inserting commas. Was looking to insert commas since mediaelch only saves votes without commas.

cheers Smile
Any thought of adding the Top 250 TV to addon now?
It's a new feature from IMDB.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Hi.

Firstly, thanks for this addon. It's quite useful!

I have a problem with the list of the missing top250 movies. Their titles appear in french, but I'm spanish!

When I enter IMDB from Chrome or Explorer, the movie names appear in spanish, together with their original title. But, I don't know how it comes, that Rating Update v1.4.0 picks them in french.

Thanks
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] - Rating Update v1.4.37