Settings options
intigrate rss feeds into settings (similar to weather)
option to display free memory on home (on/off)
option to display weather on home (on/off)
yeah, lots of :o & Wink not to mention Shocked when you wanna type a rss url with virtual keyboard.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

perhaps, but it wouldnt be something your changing all the time. it would however be universal and in that way you wouldnt have to edit every skin you have. :p

if my reply is taken wrong then i am sorry but if your reply is intended to be sarcastic... i just dont get it on the net. far easier to read a response when there are vocals applied
rss feeds are feasible to a certain extent. ie we can make it so that the url(s) is/are specified in either xboxmediacenter.xml or the gui no problem.

weather on home is up to the skinner to place. we can't enable/disable this from gui, due to the fact that some skinners don't have the room to display this (or it doesn't fit into their themes etc.)

use <showfreemem> to turn on freememory on all screens. i don't see the point of this option to be only displayed on the home page.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

ok, so how much of a pain will working rss into the gui be?
i also vote for the rss to be in the xboxmediacenter.xml

i'd suggest having multiple objects definable that we can name anything we want.
thus we could create rss_main, rss_programs, rss_music, rss_xbscene, rss_yahoomusic, rss_itunes, rss_worldnews, etc...

this allows each skin screen to be customizable and easily changed as long as we know what the skin is calling each feed.

also, the rss objects could be used for scripts.

example possibilities:

main screen using rss_main (bbc news)
my programs screen using rss_programs (xbox-scene)
my music screen using rss_music (yahoo music)

ifilm script using rss_movies (yahoo movies)
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
(jmarshall @ mar. 18 2005,07:48 Wrote:use <showfreemem> to turn on freememory on all screens.
i think they may have been meaning the free memory on each partitions, not the ram.
i understand what is being said about placing weather conditions and such on the homescreen, but i may have an idea to solve the problem. we are able to preview screensavers already, and that is sort of where this idea came from. you would have the option under settings/appearance. when you turn on, "show weather on homescreen" it will call up a preview of the homescreen, and allow you to adjust the position of the weather icon or whatever you are positioning on the screen. i assume different skins may cause issues here because the homescreens .pngs will not always be in the same place, but perhaps establishing a standard in skinning would be a good idea to keep things more organized. just an idea, what do you think, is it possible?
while it might be doable, it is certainly not easy to accomplish. putting restrictions on what id's/texture's the skins use is the last thing i want to do. i've been trying to remove the restrictions on <id> as much as is feasible.

i don't have a problem with the current setup at all. if people really need the weather on the homepage, they can edit the skin themselves. it's not all that difficult, and i'm sure step by step tutorials will crop up (in fact, there is one already.)

free memory of partitions is doable using infolabels at the moment.

cheers,
jonathan

if you want weather on the main screen get the newest xbmc and use the "orbs" skin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings options0