Background / rationale:
CouchPotato is awesome (and kudos to Ruud for spending so much time/energy on it), but I've run into many issues managing my downloads that finally prompted me to work on my own implementation.
Current Features: (bold stuff is new)
- Automatic movie adding from IMDB's top-10 (currently playing in theaters), with many more "adders" to come
- Scans your defined NZB providers (NZBMatrix, Newznab, etc) periodically for the best quality download (based on your settings), and removes older/shittier versions
- Downloads automatically to SABnzbd and post-processes the downloads for you
- "Matches" manager that shows all releases found for each movie, as well as which matches were downloaded. Also, you can manually download matches from this tab or change the quality of a given match (if your settings misidentify the quality of that match).
- Import existing movie library and choose which movies to 'upgrade'
- Generates *full* NFO file (along with video/audio data)
- Downloads posters, fanart, subtitles (from video hash), and trailers
- Obviously, the ability to add movies and/or start downloads manually
- Automatic 'failed' detection for downloads
- Crisp, clean interface that is data-driven and focuses on speed and usability.
- Tons of settings: qualities, quality profiles, search providers (you can have multiple Newznab and even multiple NZBMatrix [example] providers, defined in order), notifications (XBMC, email, etc), and renamer/post-proc settings with the ability to combine multi-file videos with MEncoder
Here's the first release (0.10):
Details here (make sure to read everything):
In the Pipeline:
- More NZB search providers
- More notifications
- Suggestions?! Now's the best time!
- Java -- Jetty (web server), Jersey (REST API), Derby (database), OpenJPA (db persistence)
- Dojo -- Web application
I've gotta run for now, but I hope this sparked some interest and/or ideas. Please let me know what you think!
P.S. AutoMovies is fully-functional and ready for distribution, but I'd like to work with a small set of folks (privately) at first to work out the kinks.