New HTPC, Asus E35M1-I DELUXE, Win7 - what drivers/codecs etc.?
Hello all Smile
I'm new to XBMC and HTPC. Its great to start from here - i thik Wink

I have just bought my new hardware and allready have some issues Sad

My specs:
MB/CPU: Asus E35M1-I DELUXE [AMD CPU on Board ;Fusion APU E-350 Dual-Core]/AMD FCH A50 (Hudson M1)
RAM: OCZ OCZ3G1066LV4GK Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB)
HDD: OCZ AGILITY 3 SATA III 2.5" SSD 60GB
PWR: 300W (class+) - it was in my casing already

Now, as i know, i'll need to wait for full support for Linux XBMC, so i've installed Win7 Ultimate 64bit... (oryginal one)
But my Full HD 1080p movies was freezing, it was not as i expected =/
After some reading i've reinstalled Win 7 Prof. 32 bit. - it ok for now. (just! OK)

My Q are:
1. Can You advice me, what codecs, what software should i install for XBMC works very fine Smile ?
2. What are best XBMC setting (that shoud i change) to make it working great? - video playback, hardware acceleration?
3. What should i change in Windows/drivers settings? - hardware acceleration?

Now i've installed K-Lite Codeqs, MPC, and latest ATI/AMD drivers for my GFXcard.

Will be very greatfull for Your support !
My point is to play from my HTPC movies without freezing etc. - how can i do it? O/c on Windows.

---
Greets! Have a nice day Smile
Nick

/kkn-aka kokein/
You don't need to install anything apart from XBMC itself codecs have no effect in XBMC

Only thing you need to do with your system is enable hardware decoding DXVA2 as your CPU isn't powerful enough to decode 720p/1080p on its own maybe that's why you had problems with Win7 Ultimate 64bit

Settings > Video > playback, enable "Allow hardware acceleration DXVA2"
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
can you launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio.

i preset everything for hd codecs. if your avr is not supporting hd audio, you can change audio to analog 2.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc.
bluray Wrote:can you launch xbmc from this folder- xbmc_hd_audio.

i preset everything for hd codecs. if your avr is not supporting hd audio, you can change audio to analog 2.1, 5.1, 7.1, etc.

Ok, so whats about it?
Is it a some other nightly builds?
Huh
I'm using Optical HiFi 5.1 snd sys. - do i need abowe files?
Greets ! - have a nice day :)
kkn [aka kokein]
Unless you have an amp that supports TrueHD or DTS HD then you do not need the above build I'm guessing you don't if you are using optical, any build that's not Dharma 10.1 should be considered unstable

@bluray

Why do you keep telling everyone to use that build without giving them any information and when it has nothing to do with the original post I've seen like five posts today already :confused2:
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
kokein Wrote:Ok, so whats about it?
Is it a some other nightly builds?
Huh
I'm using Optical HiFi 5.1 snd sys. - do i need abowe files?
you still can use it with optical output, but you have to change from hdmi output to optical output. whenever you are ready to enjoy dts-hd and truehd, you can simply change it to hdmi output.
>>X<<' Wrote:Unless you have an amp that supports TrueHD or DTS HD then you do not need the above build I'm guessing you don't if you are using optical, any build that's not Dharma 10.1 should be considered unstable

@bluray

Why do you keep telling everyone to use that build without giving them any information and when it has nothing to do with the original post I've seen like five posts today already :confused2:
almost all the replies i replied to has video/audio playback issues. i preset all the video and audio settings so that it is very high chance that it will work for them, and they can use it to enjoy dts-hd and truehd audio too.
>>X<<' Wrote:Unless you have an amp that supports TrueHD or DTS HD then you do not need the above build I'm guessing you don't if you are using optical, any build that's not Dharma 10.1 should be considered unstable

Ok, so my sound dev. is :

So now, do i need "bluray's" XBMC version to make it working fine ?
Greets ! - have a nice day :)
kkn [aka kokein]
No you do not as it doesn't support TrueHD or DTS HD
kokein Wrote:Ok, so my sound dev. is :

So now, do i need "bluray's" XBMC version to make it working fine ?
if you want to enjoy dts-hd and truehd with your 5.1 speaker (it's pretty good speaker), here is the cheapest solution- Sony 7.1 Channel 3D A/V Receiver
you have identical mobo and other components as in my htpc. you shouldn't have problem playback bd file with full 1080p with dts-hd/truehd. i can playback bd m2ts and iso with 1080p with dts-hd/truehd and streaming hd netflix, vudu and directv2pc flawless. i can playback anything with xbmc and w7 mce flawless.

have you install the latest catalyst from here- AMD Radeon HD 6310 graphics and maybe, you might want to lower your screen resolution too.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC, Asus E35M1-I DELUXE, Win7 - what drivers/codecs etc.?0