Touchscreen support
I just got myself a touchscreen (duplicates the image on my tv).
So i run XBMC (latest version) on Windows 7 x64, and most of the touchscreen input goes fine, browsing menus etc. But when i play a video, the controls barely work, also when i open the sound/subtitle settings menu in the OSD i can't click a thing, only way to remove it is to press escape on the keyboard.
I searched for touchscreen add-ons, but couldn't find any.
Can i somehow tweak settings or add a plugin to make the touchscreen support better?

A second (minor) issue is; can i hide the mouse cursor somehow without disabling the mouse all together?
MrSkyline Wrote:I just got myself a touchscreen (duplicates the image on my tv)

A second (minor) issue is; can i hide the mouse cursor somehow without disabling the mouse all together?

Its in the XBMC settings somewhere.
Both XeeBo and Touched skins support touch screens.
Thnx for the fast replies, unfortunately XeeBo seems a bit buggy, it constantly opens the wrong screens, and i can't get a list of movies or tv shows, i don't have a back button for the previous screen or anything, so touchscreen wise it's not my first choice, Confluence worked better in my opinion.
The Touched skin looks as if it would solve all touchscreen problems, but it probably only works on the ipad, i tried copying it to the appdata/root/xbmc folder on my windows 7 x64 HTPC, i see the skin in the list within XBMC, but when i click it, it stays in confluence. (or am i doing something wrong?)

About the mouse, yes i can disable the mouse in XBMC, but that disables the complete mouse functionality, and with that also touchscreen input, so thats not an option.
MrSkyline Wrote:Thnx for the fast replies, unfortunately XeeBo seems a bit buggy, it constantly opens the wrong screens, and i can't get a list of movies or tv shows, i don't have a back button for the previous screen or anything, so touchscreen wise it's not my first choice, Confluence worked better in my opinion.

Can you explain your problem more because I've not had this reported by other touch screen users and I don't have one myself so any reports help me get it right?

Videos takes you to Movies, TV Shows, etc

As for going back that's what the '..' parent directory is for at the top of all lists - unless you've disabled it in the Settings.
I have to test it when i get home and post my findings. One thing i do remember is that none of the links other than favourites and settings worked in the left menu.
I'l post when i tested it later tonight.
Have you tried Transparency? it has touchscreen mode under general settings, I can't speak from experience though as I don't have a touch screen myself.
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

Hitcher Wrote:Can you explain your problem more because I've not had this reported by other touch screen users and I don't have one myself so any reports help me get it right?

Videos takes you to Movies, TV Shows, etc

As for going back that's what the '..' parent directory is for at the top of all lists - unless you've disabled it in the Settings.

I know what the problem is i think, when i click on menu i get the menu, when i then click videos with a mouse it flicks to a new menu in the same bar with movies, tv shows etc. This doesn't work with a touchscreen, i click videos, and it doesn't flick. All links that directly go to a new screen like settings, favourites and pictures do work.

So it seems that touchscreens and animated windows don't work well together.
I also tried the transparency skin, and it worked well, but i had the same problem during playback as i had with confluence, i think it has to do with the animation of the OSD during playback, i didn't have this problem with xeebo probably because there the OSD isn't moving into the screen, but just fades in.
I'm not an XML expert, but i'd think i could change this in confluence, instead of a move into the screen fix it into a fade into the screen. Can anyone tell me how?

And is it possible to disable the mouse cursor in an XML file aswell?
MrSkyline Wrote:I'm not an XML expert, but i'd think i could change this in confluence, instead of a move into the screen fix it into a fade into the screen. Can anyone tell me how?

If you can narrow down which XML file it is then you could compare the files from the two skins and that could reveal the code?
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

i managed to make the OSD to work a bit better by replacing this line in the VideoOSD.xml file:

Code:
<animation effect="slide" start="0,-145" end="0,0" time="300" tween="quadratic" easing="out">WindowOpen</animation>

with thisone:
Code:
<animation effect="fade" time="300">WindowOpen</animation>

So now the play, pause, next butons and such work a bit better, its not the best fix, but it works.

But i don't know what to do with the audio/subtitle settings menu that you can acces from the OSD, because i can open it, but if i do that by touchscreen, i can't click anything, not even with the mouse, so i can only press escape.
If i click it with the mouse, i can change the settings.
I have had this problem with all skins i tested so far.
I see ronie[url=http://forum.xbmc.org/member.php?action=profile&uid=42570][/url] the developer of Transparency is showing as online, maybe post a question in the transparency thread and see if he can shed any light on the areas you are having difficulty with, or perhaps even PM him.

Thanks god, finally someone with the same issues with touchscreen.

Got myself an asus ep121 under windows 7 64 and the navigation with the screen is just painfull, i don't really like xeebo, i've been using Transparancy for some time now on my htpc and i'm really looking forward for a usable setup.

As mentioned, browser is working right but when playing a movie, it's another story, i always keep my bt keyboard around or use my android remote. Kinda lame :/

btw,to go back to previous screen, you need to long press on my setup. It is supposed to do the same as right clicking the mouse.
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touchscreen support0