Strange black out whenever I play/pause?
Hello all,
I am running the latest stable version of XBMC live on an acer aspire revo.
Whenever I play, pause, or stop any kind of media by screen blacks out for several seconds and then resumes whatever I was doing. This occurs throughout the system, whether I am in the middle of a video, or on the main page listening to music.

How can i fix this?
Any ideas?
lemme guess ( reads users mind ) your xbmc is set to dim on pause... its a setting, perfectly normal, but of course you don't explore xbmc and settings and get to know your megabyte pet.

nice nickname, why did you wave your hands at xbmc and find out why? arent you magic?
Now, if you had bothered to read my post in its entirety you would have seen that it is not only video files that black out on pause, but all other media files as well. When pausing any music playing on the home screen of XBMC, the screen blacks out quite sharply for several seconds. In fact, this happens with nearly any command, pause, play, stop, skip track, fast forward, etc. . .

In any case, thank you for your help.
If anyone would like I can post a video of this phenomenon.
THERE IS NO PHENOMENON...

THIS IS BY DESIGN.

sorry to use caps but you seem to need reading glasses.

I already read your post, ITS A XBMC SETTING

It can be disabled if you so wish...

I wish YOU read my post, but no your reply is just a echo of your first post which I understood 100%

Now the setting exists, go find it if so bothers u.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=App...e_Settings

at bottom of page...
Thank you kindly for the help but that is not the problem.
I did a little more delving into exactly what is causing this problem and discovered that it only occures when the System Settings> Audio Output> Audio output device> is set to hdmi.
Well what you posted and described is this what I said.... I also have HDMI...

But having re read it a complete blackout?? I would check cables/connections to start them nmove up to upgrading video drivers.

while making a backup of the lot...

Anyway I havent getting much sleep as i suffer from insomnia so I may have just misunderstand u...

thx for being patient.
Alright, so I've checked through all of the cables and connections and they all seem to be fine. And I updated all of the video drivers as soon as I installed xbmc. I have done several reinstalls and the issue still remains. Could this possibly be a bug?

And its alright. Thanks for all the help
iamthemagic1 Wrote:Alright, so I've checked through all of the cables and connections and they all seem to be fine. And I updated all of the video drivers as soon as I installed xbmc. I have done several reinstalls and the issue still remains. Could this possibly be a bug?

And its alright. Thanks for all the help

Do you have the option "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" enbabled? If so it could be your display going through a HDMI handshake when the refresh rate changed.
Just checked. . .nope. . .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange black out whenever I play/pause?0