• 5(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues
Thanks for the hunting rickrude and the clarification davilla. I've added it to the 1st post.
Thumbs Up 
Memphiz Wrote:http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...Phone/iPad <- scroll down to see the gestures ... context menu is 2finger single tap since mid jun or so ...

Thanks Memphiz, I hadn't seen that, it helps a lot
martinmic Wrote:Hi Memphiz. I dont belive its the battery. Everything else works fine. And i can see on the ATV that the little white LED turns off when i hold down the button. So it looks like the remote is sending the signal, but nothing is happening. I also found out that in some cases im able to the the menu "show movie info" when holding down the menu button. but when chosing "Show Movie Info" it just starts playing the movie. Sad

Br.
Martin

then try moving any offending keymap related xml file from /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/* away.

This is definitly not an issue when doing a clean install with standard settings.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Should I been able to add movies/tv-shows to the library in the nightly from a NFS share (with readwrite support)? In previous versions (last tried in official from June) I just selected the file and then pressed the middle button for 2 seconds, than a search window would appear, I can't get it to work now - is it because of NFS (and/or its configuration) or is it a bug? Did I mess up my settings maybe?

Thanks for the new build!
Memphiz Wrote:then try moving any offending keymap related xml file from /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/* away.

This is definitly not an issue when doing a clean install with standard settings.

I know its not an issue on a clean install. I didn't know if i should have put my question on the official, but i do have the nightly installed. Thats why i put it here. I tried to see if i could find any xml file with keymaps, but could not find anything. i found:
guisettings
profiles
upnpserver
sources
mediasources
LCD
RssFeeds
I'm feeling like en idiot asking. I was thinking of re-installing, but i didn't want to lose my whole database and thumbnails. its over 550 movies and 30 series. Is there a guide how to re-install without loosing any of this?
Thanks for your help.
Br.
Martin
Konrad77 Wrote:Should I been able to add movies/tv-shows to the library in the nightly from a NFS share (with readwrite support)? In previous versions (last tried in official from June) I just selected the file and then pressed the middle button for 2 seconds, than a search window would appear, I can't get it to work now - is it because of NFS (and/or its configuration) or is it a bug? Did I mess up my settings maybe?

Thanks for the new build!

should be the menu button ... not the middle button...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
martinmic Wrote:I know its not an issue on a clean install. I didn't know if i should have put my question on the official, but i do have the nightly installed. Thats why i put it here. I tried to see if i could find any xml file with keymaps, but could not find anything. i found:
guisettings
profiles
upnpserver
sources
mediasources
LCD
RssFeeds
I'm feeling like en idiot asking. I was thinking of re-installing, but i didn't want to lose my whole database and thumbnails. its over 550 movies and 30 series. Is there a guide how to re-install without loosing any of this?
Thanks for your help.
Br.
Martin

reinstallation won't fix this imho ... try to rename the guisettings.xml so that a clean one gets generated on startup ... thats the only xml which imho cpuld be of interest here - but i'm unsure...
Memphiz Wrote:reinstallation won't fix this imho ... try to rename the guisettings.xml so that a clean one gets generated on startup ... thats the only xml which imho cpuld be of interest here - but i'm unsure...

That didnt work. Sad
martinmic Wrote:That didnt work. Sad

sorry *tilt*
Using XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110815-82f48cd (Compiled:Aug 15 2011)

I can't add a media source on a smb share. I get "connection refused" every time i try to access a folder on my NAS. It's connected through ethernet. The version that I can currently install from Nito did not have this issue (just tested it, when I did a fresh install hoping that would fix the issue).

Here's the log:

http://pastebin.com/5caeT9pE
DarkHelmet Wrote:Using XBMC PRE-11.0 Git:20110815-82f48cd (Compiled:Aug 15 2011)

I can't add a media source on a smb share. I get "connection refused" every time i try to access a folder on my NAS. It's connected through ethernet. The version that I can currently install from Nito did not have this issue (just tested it, when I did a fresh install hoping that would fix the issue).

Here's the log:

http://pastebin.com/5caeT9pE

Yup, just tried it myself. I get the same message when trying to add a new SMB source (existing sources work fine though).

Always seems to be the way, 2 bugs get fixed and a new one is added each release :-) It's like trying to fix a leaking faucet, you patch up a hole and a new one always forms.
I'm seeing this on all my builds including this one, so maybe not just here, but is there a fix for the people's faces turning blue in screenshots? Really weird bug. Maybe it's been covered but I don't see anyone else discussing it.

It's happening on 5 different boxes in my house so it's not just localized to one place.
DarkHelmet Wrote:http://pastebin.com/5caeT9pE

22:42:01 T:129687552 ERROR: CGUIDialogFileBrowser::GetDirectory(smb://NAS-SERVERQmultimedia) failed

Try putting a / in between NAS-SERVER and Qmultimedia?

Personally I just browse to the 'Windows Network' and never type in path names..
BDPNA Wrote:I'm seeing this on all my builds including this one, so maybe not just here, but is there a fix for the people's faces turning blue in screenshots?

It's not 'just here', according to the thread linked on the 1st post under 'needs verifying' it happened on builds past the 22nd.
I'll move it to known issues, no workaround.
But I haven't noticed this issue myself..
Memphiz Wrote:should be the menu button ... not the middle button...

Using menubutton shows a context menu, I can there choose "Movie information" och "TV-Show information" (I use swedish so the titles might be wrong). But you can select a file and fetch the information directly with a long middle press. And it start working again for some reason.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues0