• 3(current)
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues
finisterre Wrote:little ticks that mark a video as watched are no longer remembered.

Are these known problems with this build, or should I attach logs?

Thanks.

The ticks could be a permissions issue. Did you mess with your userdata?
rickrude Wrote:The ticks could be a permissions issue. Did you mess with your userdata?

I just did it as I've always done it in the past:

1. wget http://xbmc.hadm.net//latest_atv2.deb
2. dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
3. rm latest_atv2.deb

Did a complete uninstall with apt-get purge org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 and reinstalled. Same issue.
canadave Wrote:@anethema: I agree, 'twould be awesome to have autoscroll. Just so you know in case you weren't aware, though, you can "page down/page up" if you're in a vertical list by pressing the key on your remote that corresponds to the direction in which the dark grey scroll bar is. For vertical lists, usually that's to the right of the list; for horizontal lists, it seems to usually be at the bottom. Once you're in "page mode", you can fairly quickly scroll through massive lists (or at least more quickly than if you were doing the list one at a time!) Smile

Is this possible with the apple remote though? I know how to do it on the iPad etc but not how to page down with the remote.

Ned Scott Wrote:Regarding the volume issue, ATV2 is all digital. If you use an ATV2 without XBMC, just the normal vanilla ATV2, you will notice there is no volume control anywhere.

Volume control is possible and will be added when the new Audio Engine is ready but that might not be for a while. Keep an eye on the forums because they will probably ask for testers again for the Audio Engine testing. There's no ETA on this.

Ya I understand the reason, I just know there are a lot of digital-only devices with volume control.

Also using airplay (which is the only way I do music on the vanilla ATV) iTunes controls the volume of its digital stream and it works well.
I just realized that my videos take long on my ATV2 if the video files are in a folder with a lot of files(a few hundred pictures/videos of our baby.. Each of them 1 to 20 MBytes), up to 30 sec on 08/08 nightly. As I posted yesterday, most of this delay seems to be from the ScanForExternalSubtitles and av_find_stream_info steps.

On the other hand, only a few seconds if the folder has just a few files.

Maybe XBMC simply can't get enough memory to work with when the small memory of ATV2 is filled with lots of file info? ( But the on-screen debug message shows more than 70mega-bytes of free memory and 80-95% of cpu usage during this long wait. ) Anyway, it's the only but major problem for me with the 8/08 nightly.
I've a minor bug when moving between albums and tracks within the music library.

I've my album view set to "Fanart", meaning that the albums are arranged in a horizontal list and the track view set to "Media Info", meaning the tracks are arranged in a vertical list.

I'm in an album looking at the tracks and I move to the right into the page up/ down scroll bar. I then press backup to go to the album view and I'm still in the page up/ down scroll bar. But rather then left/ right doing the scrolling, up/down still does the scrolling. I then can't get out of the page up/ down scroll bar from within the album view, I have to back up to the artist view which is also in a vertical list, to get into the regular scrolling area.

I installed the latest nightly today and am using IOS "Software Version 4.1.1" on the ATV2.

I upgraded from the stable release and have noticed quite a big speed improvement in the UI, the only speed issue I've noticed so far is the music tends to stutter more when moving in the UI, I'm streaming over a wired Ethernet using SAMBA on a ARM Debian Squeeze NAS.

When upgrading to the latest nightly the tv shows library had "forgotten" the watched shows, as in everything was unwatched. Luckily the movies library was ok!
konel Wrote:When upgrading to the latest nightly the tv shows library had "forgotten" the watched shows, as in everything was unwatched. Luckily the movies library was ok!

Actually, only shows I'd watched recently weren't marked as watched, don't what I changed in the last couple of months that could have had this effect.
anethema Wrote:If there is ANY thing I can do to help, be that donation, bug/beta testing, whatever that would help get holding down buttons to scroll through lists quickly on ATV2, and to make the volume buttons not functionless, I would be willing and ready in an instant.

Not the place for this. Feel free to make your own threads about what features you'd like to see, but please don't do it in my thread.

As I've repeatedly said numerous times in my previous threads and mentioned in the 1st post:
"We're not here to complain, whine, or wonder. We're here to help uncover bugs, troubleshoot and assist devs in any way possible."

Please respect. And as always, patches welcome.

Thanks!
6corewhore Wrote:Keith, I have the last released AE build before it was pulled, I believe 10.0-9 June 26. Didn't have any issues with overall performance and the AE worked perfectly, the sound was crystal clear on my McIntosh system. As the developer(s) pulled it, is it worth rolling back from the nighties to the AE build? (basically, in your humble opinion, what are the important differences from the 10.0.19 June 26th AE build and the current (I believe 8-8-11?) build?

In short, everything.

The AE builds were built from a 'fork' from the 'master branch'. (If these terms are unfamiliar, please wikipedia them)
So they pretty much have nothing to do with the current build this thread is about. There's some re-working behind done to AE and specifically the CoreAudio integration so it will be awhile for the merge, don't hold your breath.
In the meantime, if you want to contribute to testing, please update to the latest build here, based off the master branch so you get all the recent code updates, bleeding edge, all the good and hopefully only a little bad here and there, but it is latest and the greatest.

But hey, if it works, keep quiet and nobody will be the wiser. Smile
banzai75x Wrote:If you set those to OFF, does that mean you are only getting 2-ch stereo output to your speakers?

I tried what you suggested, and it does help with buffering but then on my receiver, it only states I am receiving a 2CH signal from the source. Movies that were stuttering before are playing fine now with those OFF.

Correct, only 2 channel.
Passthrough DTS/AC3 might be a culprit. In my ignorant mind, I would think that downsampling DTS/AC3 to 2channel would take more resources than passthrough, but my opinion is purely speculation. Smile

Thanks for confirming, I will add it to the 1st post.

Don't hold your breath on getting anything audio fixed. Just like before, I'm not sure if anyone wants to tackle pre-AE audio.
Ned Scott Wrote:I think it would be great if those users reporting success and/or improved performance can include details about their set ups, just like we do with problems. A little summary of your network set up, what sharing protocol you use, etc or even a link to another post were you've described your set up. I don't know how valuable this information would be, but it could help us when we come across people using the same build but are having problems.

It'd be even better to compile that into a wiki page you think that we can link?
I've been traveling for 10 days. And the first thing I notice in this new thread that .iso is now removed from first post. Does this mean that it's working now? If so, are there any details? Couldn't find anything in changelog or in this thread.
Not sure if anyone’s aware of this but on the nightly build xbmc.hadm.net/latest_ios.deb for ipad the context menu doesn’t seem to work?

I noticed this trying to use favourites in icefilms, double click doesn’t work at all, anyone found a way around this?
Re:ISOs. I've been playing iso's since just after 0-9 release and the nightlies since about 2-3 weeks ago. Do you know when iso's we broken?
Duquesa Wrote:Not sure if anyone’s aware of this but on the nightly build xbmc.hadm.net/latest_ios.deb for ipad the context menu doesn’t seem to work?

I noticed this trying to use favourites in icefilms, double click doesn’t work at all, anyone found a way around this?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ins...Phone/iPad <- scroll down to see the gestures ... context menu is 2finger single tap since mid jun or so ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
markiz Wrote:I've been traveling for 10 days. And the first thing I notice in this new thread that .iso is now removed from first post. Does this mean that it's working now? If so, are there any details? Couldn't find anything in changelog or in this thread.

We've had reports of isos working, but haven't got a definitive, I just forgot to put it. I'll re-add it under "needs verifying", thanks!

ironmanco Wrote:Re:ISOs. I've been playing iso's since just after 0-9 release and the nightlies since about 2-3 weeks ago. Do you know when iso's we broken?

All isos work? Any issues? I'll still leave it under needs verifying to see what others say, but let us know success/failure.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2/iOS] BLEEDING EDGE unofficial occasional nightly builds FAQ/info/issues0