ReplayGain suggestion
I was just wondering if it would be possible to have an adaptive option for the choice between album and track level replay gain.

In other words if the next song is from the same album then use "album level" and if the next song is from a different album then use "track level".

If this were possible it would presumably be the ideal setting for a lot of people.

Thanks!
So for the second song (after all, one is already playing) we choose which replaygain option to use based on the currently playing song? This would screw up for the first/second track of any album but would be "correct" for the rest, right?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:So for the second song (after all, one is already playing) we choose which replaygain option to use based on the currently playing song? This would screw up for the first/second track of any album but would be "correct" for the rest, right?

Exactly. That would be great.

I hadn't thought about the first song. I guess if the first song always defaulted to album level you'd be very unlucky to ever have a jarring volume difference between that and the "track level" adjusted second track in a multi-album playlist.
Did this ever get added to Trac? Do you agree it would be a cool feature?
jmarshall Wrote:So for the second song (after all, one is already playing) we choose which replaygain option to use based on the currently playing song? This would screw up for the first/second track of any album but would be "correct" for the rest, right?

Maybe a flag in the playlist working like this: if someone adds a whole album to the playlist (by right-clicking on the album and selecting play as opposed to selecting a track) then those songs get flagged as album gain.

If the user selects an individual track for playing it gets flagged as track gain.

If the user is not using a playlist but playing directly (immediate play as opposed to queuing) the flag is set for track level.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-01-05, 19:48)DDDamian Wrote:

Maybe a flag in the playlist working like this: if someone adds a whole album to the playlist (by right-clicking on the album and selecting play as opposed to selecting a track) then those songs get flagged as album gain.

If the user selects an individual track for playing it gets flagged as track gain.

If the user is not using a playlist but playing directly (immediate play as opposed to queuing) the flag is set for track level.

pretty old here :>

did this work like in the last post in kodi right now?
(2012-01-05, 19:48)DDDamian Wrote:

This seems like a reasonable implementation. My concern would be if I added multiple complete albums, I would want album gain. It seems like your solution would take care of that.

In addition, this was a feature that Squeezebox supported, so perhaps a dev can take a look at the way it was implemented there? It was a fantastic option that worked well and didn't require any special kind of track/playlist selection.

At any rate, I strongly believe this should be a feature of Kodi!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ReplayGain suggestion0