advancedsettings.xml help
I am using XBMC 10.1 Dharma. I want to add m2ts as recognized format in order to add m2ts movies in my library. I have created advancedsettings.xml file in c:/users/<username>/appdata/roaming/XBMC/userdata (i have windows7) and added following information in it:

<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>.m2ts</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

But, still m2ts files are not added in video library.

Please help what am I doing wrong.
that looks ok, check the log to make sure it actually finds and loads the file. could be stuck in the wrong location..

that being said, m2ts is in the default list so it shouldn't be necessary at all...
log file shows advancedsettings.xml is loaded:

14:46:43 T:4248 M:194113536 NOTICE: Loaded advancedsettings.xml from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
14:46:43 T:4248 M:194113536 NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
<advancedsettings>
<videoextensions>
<add>.m2ts</add>
</videoextensions>
</advancedsettings>

again even though the a created the name of the m2ts file in what i think is appropriate format, the movie is not shown in the movie library
well, that's for other reasons. this will just make sure it actually is considered a video file in the first place (as i said, it does so by default). the log will hold clues as to why it fails to scan as well. might have to enable debug logging.
I was able to start the movie into XBMC if I go to the file manually. What I can't do is to store that movie in the library as all other movies that I have (avi and mkv) are stored.
Spiff, Thanks for your help. I have enabled debugging and found out that my folder structure was wrong. After I changed that the movies are recognized even without advancedsettings.xml file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml help0