Here's my PC-V352'ed HTPC!
WinkWell.... sweet build man. Now your finished, "I think",...lol! Card looks familiar.. Guess that serves me right for stealing your Fan controller idea for my unRAID box.. Glad your all str8tened out now!
WOW! I got me another GPU. If you guys did not know the HIS that CpTHOOK has mine where overheating. Did an RMA on it and still the second one overheated. I talked to HIS tech support and it must of been a bad batch.

Anyways.... I found this new card a HD 6450 made by XFX fanless with a 1 gig of ram and 64 bit. I bought it since it has a MIR so at the end the card will cost me $25.00.

So after testing oh where have you been.

It's flawless plays everything and no Macroblocking or anything.

The temps its getting are around 45-49c idle and 57c on a movie 1080p.

Furtest went to 59-61c and what I am so surprised I don't even have my front fans on.

The only fan in my system on is the rear exhaust fan going at 40%.

Incredible.....

incredible o.O Time to sell my macroblocking GT210!!
If you were to redo this build again.. Would you do the same CPU and gpu or go with the APU A8-8350
toymachine2009 Wrote:If you were to redo this build again.. Would you do the same CPU and gpu or go with the APU A8-8350

Well I am going to redo the build again. This Lian Li will go in another room where it will be hooked up to an HDTV so I can watch some vids in there and it will be my main pc where it will be the Usenet Wink client pc.

But that is in the future.

I would like to build a A6 or an A8 for my next one.

Right know I am a happy camper. Shocked

It is super silent.....

Or maybe i will keep this as my dedicated htpc.

Build a desktop pc.

I am loving the fact that the front fans are off..... less dust in the front.
Beer40oz Wrote:It's flawless plays everything and no Macroblocking or anything.

The temps its getting are around 45-49c idle and 57c on a movie 1080p.

Furtest went to 59-61c and what I am so surprised I don't even have my front fans on.
i'm very happy that you finally got it to work! Nod

with everything so tight in there, i'm surprised that it is only 57c. Shocked amd rock!

it's time to enjoy some of your favorite bd then- Your Favorite Bluray Disc
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Well now that you have the perfect HTPC for your needs it is time for you to move on to the A8... Congrats on a purrrfect build my friend just too bad is wasnt B4 your birthday... but im sure you'll except the belated GPU performance as a gift!!

Oh...yeah.. Thanks for convincing me to stick with this Sickbeard sh#t.. I was just about to give up, but now it is working out perfectly!!
Thanx guys! Finally last night i enjoyed a vid it was the greatest feeling of accomplishment. LOL Smile

Now I feel like this even more.... keep this a dedicated htpc and add a SSD to it.

Build a desktop pc for my other stuff.
Beer40oz Wrote:Thanx guys! Finally last night i enjoyed a vid it was the greatest feeling of accomplishment. LOL Smile

hope i can feel this way soon Sad
im still waiting for my XFX HD6450
eskro Wrote:hope i can feel this way soon Sad
im still waiting for my XFX HD6450

Till you change your case you will my friend! Eek
Beer40oz Wrote:Till you change your case

Oo
2 questions for you.

1. Would you suggest this case for a Normal PC build. I do like this case its small and easy and is definitely different than the tradition big tower.

2. Do fan controllers such as the one you have installed here work for most if not every fan or do you have to purchase certain fans to work with these controllers?

I am a noob to building computers so is this case easy to work with.. I have only built one and it had lots of room in the tower so it wasn't too hard.
toymachine2009 Wrote:2 questions for you.

1. Would you suggest this case for a Normal PC build. I do like this case its small and easy and is definitely different than the tradition big tower.

2. Do fan controllers such as the one you have installed here work for most if not every fan or do you have to purchase certain fans to work with these controllers?

I am a noob to building computers so is this case easy to work with.. I have only built one and it had lots of room in the tower so it wasn't too hard.

Oh yes... this will make a great desktop pc or htpc. Yes it has a little more style and WAF approved. Great airflow too. I don't even have my front fans on. But if your gaming or doing something intensive I do recommend to turn them on. This is where the controller comes in handy. Adjust speeds from 40% up to 100%.

This controllers does work with most every fan out there. I did test one out that did not work with it but that was a GPU fan (i did try a fan also from a GT430 GPU and it did work on that one).

Other then that.... it has Molex and 2 pin for every fan out there.

You will be happy with the quality of the case.

Oh btw! I changed the rear stock fan out because that fan if you bring it down more then 80% on the controller it will make a sound (hissing). So the Enermax fan thats back there now there is no problems with it. And the front stock fans they are whisper quiet even at 100%
Alright sweet. I am definitely considering this case.
SOLD!

I got the Lian Li case for sale.....

IT WILL COME SCRATCH FREE......

I take real good care of my things and I am anal about scratches, finger prints etc....
The only scratches are the ones inside from moving the trays around and such.

It will come with the NZXT fan controller witch is very handy. I only had the rear fan going at 40% witch kept it cool and quiet but you can always turn on the front's with a touch of a button.
It will come with a different REAR fan since the original was buzzing.... it will be the ENERMAX UC-8EB 80mm Case Fan for the rear.

If anyone is interested give me your USA zip code and I can see what I can do! I will sell it cheap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Here's my PC-V352'ed HTPC!3