Glitch across screen when playing video
First some background info:

- Playing video without any artifacts has worked earlier and unfortunately I can't remember when it started to make those small glitches.
- I use the Influence skin.
- The error is like a small displacement of part of the picture.
- If I play videos "outside" xbmc they are displayed correctly.
- Win7 32
- I have tried different resolution settings (incl Hz)
- I think I have tried every combination of settings under the "Video" menu.

I think I'm going crazy if I can't find out what the heck is going on... :confused2:

Any thoughts?
is vertical sync enabled in the system settings?
It wasn't, but now it is and I am sooooo embarrassed. :o
Must have missed that one. Feels like I'm a noobie again!

Thanks Lash!
Damn...

Well it seems it didn't work with the vertical sync. I just tried one video quickly yesterday and didn't watch long enough.

Still having the same problem.

EDIT: It seems it occurs less often when vertical sync is enabled.
I downloaded Boxee just to make a comparison, and I have the same issue when watching the movies through Boxee as I do with XBMC.

I have removed my Sony amplifier (with HDMI) and now have my Asrock ION HT 330 BD connected directly to my tv or my projector just to make sure the amp didn't screw things up....but same result on both.
Maybe vsync is forced to disable in the video driver. In nvidia control panel there is an option in the 3d settings.
Checked the 3D settings and changed vsync to enabled.
I actually think the glitches became worse when I did that.
I tried the following players just to check if something works without any artifacts.
MPC
Doesn't work. Glitches.

Any thoughts on that?
hmm. try to turn off the "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" option in system/video output. If it's not helped, then try to turn off aero in windows.
This "glitch" is called tearing, you might have better results when searching for that.
Lash:
I always use fullscreen window because if I use true fullscreen the picture downsizes to a qtr of the size and Aero is disabled already.

Bobo:
Thanks for the tip. Haven't found any solution yet though.
Star 
Is it only one movie that gliches..? move on.... if you haven't tried to disable DXVA2.. you haven't tried everything.
No, all videos in HD.

But I might have solved it just now. I actually went back and enabled Aero in Win7 and so far it's looking good. However, xbmc couldn't run at 59.94 fps without dropping frames so I turned down the resolution to 24 fps which I wanted in the first place anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Glitch across screen when playing video0