"Add source" button missing?
Guys I can't add video files to library, there is no Add Source button under Videos. I see add source option under music so it is not settings problem. I tried reinstallation (official and unofficial), reseting apple tv, deleting pref. nothing help Sad. Any idea how to solve this ?
should be here:
videos > files > add videos
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Have you got it disabled in settings appearance File List "Show "Add Source" buttons ?
when you say delted Prefs did you delete the guisettings.xml ?
It is an option in the skin, but it's also accessible by holding 'menu' on the remote, isn't it?
No guys, I checked skin option it was ok. As I mentioned under Music section there is an "Add Source".

So after hours of headache I found solution. Under settings>file manager> added new source. Then video>plugins add source. And now it works. I don't know is this a bug or now.

Thanks anyway.
Same thing happened to me after I nuked XBMC on my ATV2 and did a clean reinstall. ADD SOURCE is there under MUSIC but has disappeared under VIDEOS. And it's the same if I use a nightly build or the official build.

Odd.
It IS there under videos, you just entered videos the wrong way so you entered a listing that didn't have it there (it's in the root of the library if you have no sources defined, otherwise it's under files). I have a fix sitting in my tree just waiting for testing.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

When I first installed the official ATV2 build back in June, ADD SOURCE was under VIDEOS, FILES.

When I reverted to the latest official build today, after some probs with the nightly, it had gone.

I thought I was going mad!

I can add sources under LIBRARY and then I have ADD VIDEOS under FILES, but not ADD SOURCE.

So this is by design then?

Thanks.
Good timing; we just had a very interesting discussion about the location of the "Add Source" button:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=107643
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I don't mind where it is so much, but it needs to be consistent for PICTURES, VIDEO and MUSIC surely?

Will read that duscussion properly when I get a minute.

Thanks.
If you find "Add Sources" see if Windows 10 "Burn Disc" is with it and bring it back cause I am missing both.
Hello Texsatman

To enable the Add Source button, see the setting here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Ge...file_lists

As for the Burn Disc options, somehow the option has been lost. There is no further work on 17.x, so it won't be coming back there. As for v18, I haven't checked the status of this. It is not a commonly used feature as there are other applications better suited for ripping cd's.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Add source" button missing?0