Dual Monitors and Screensavers
I have two displays connected to my PC: a large plasma TV for displaying XBMC and an LCD monitor I use for my Windows desktop. Windows is configured to turn off the LCD monitor after 5 minutes of inactivity. The problem is if I'm watching something on XBMC with my TV, my LCD monitor's screensaver will never activate. I'm assuming Windows believes the system is actively being used so it never activates the screensaver and turns off the monitor.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this?
I have a similar setup, I just switch off the LCD monitor when I'm watching movies with XBMC.
But if there is a better solution, bring it on.
You can try the "Blank other displays" option, in Settings->System->Video. Requires a restart to take effect.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
CrystalP Wrote:You can try the "Blank other displays" option, in Settings->System->Video. Requires a restart to take effect.

Sometimes I use my computer while my roommate watches tv on XBMC so I need both screens on simultaneously. The "blank other displays" option turns off my monitor whenever XBMC is running. I want my PC's monitor to go into power saving mode after a period of inactivity while XBMC is still running, so I can use both at the same time. Does that make more sense?
There has to be somebody else out there who has this same use case. Has nobody found a solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual Monitors and Screensavers0