Xp + dxva
themaster1 Wrote:If i use Dsplayer it'll play directly inside xbmc , that's my undertsand at least and that's what i want really

It will look and behave exactly the same the only difference is it will use what ever codecs you define in mediasconfig.xml and that's what you need to configure correctly

If you look at mine on this build I'm using AC3filter, MPC-HC video codec and Haali media splitter other than that its no different than XBMC normally is

Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Do you have ffdshow installed?

If not, download the x86 version from here: http://www.xvidvideo.ru/ffdshow-tryouts-...6-x64.html (take the top one).
ffdshow to play mkv, fantastic idea (the one with dxva support never worked on my pc)
No i wanna use cyberlink power dvd or core avc codec for mp4,mkv AVC/h264 and haali splitter if possible.

The problem concerns HD streams mainly
I found the CLSID for all the filters i wanna use if you can show me how to write the mediasconfig.xml i'd appreciate

CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10):
{D00E73D7-06F5-44F9-8BE4-B7DB191E9E7E}

CyberLink Audio Decoder (PDVD10)
{501099E1-5C05-4ED3-B0CB-371F97F5412C}
-------------------

CoreAVC Video Decoder
{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}

--------------
Haali Media Splitter
{55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}
I found the CLSID for all the filters i wanna use if you can show me how to write the mediasconfig.xml i'd appreciate

CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10):
D00E73D7-06F5-44F9-8BE4-B7DB191E9E7E}

CyberLink Audio Decoder (PDVD10)
{501099E1-5C05-4ED3-B0CB-371F97F5412C}
-------------------

CoreAVC Video Decoder
{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}

--------------
Haali Media Splitter
{55DA30FC-F16B-49FC-BAA5-AE59FC65F82D}
Errors messages from the log i get:

02:10:14 T:1260 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [F:\00-X264_encodes-vhs\MyVideo.mkv]
02:10:14 T:1260 NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "MPC Video Decoder" from the graph
02:10:14 T:1260 NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "MKV Source" from the graph
02:10:14 T:1260 NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Xbmc VMR9" from the graph
02:10:14 T:1260 NOTICE: CDSGraph::UnloadGraph Successfully removed "Default DirectSound Device" from the graph
02:10:14 T:1260 NOTICE: CDSPlayer::~CDSPlayer DSPlayer is now closed
#####
I have made a filterconfig.xml and mediaconfig.xml see this page and i still can't play nothing so i either i'm doing something wrong or i'm doomed
You didn't need to make a filtersconfig.xml the default one has all those filters you listed in there already all you had to do was look in there for the filter name then enter that filter name in mediasconfig.xml

I'll give you an example CoreAVC in filtersconfig.xml looks like this

Code:
<filter name="coreavcvideodec" type="videodec">
      <guid>{09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}</guid>
      <osdname>CoreAVC Video Decoder</osdname>
    </filter>

It has the filter name "coreavcvideodec"

You want to use CoreAVC for mkv so you need to add that in mediasconfig.xml

Look for mkv in mediasconfig.xml under that your see an entry for the video filter you would need to change it to

Code:
<video filter="coreavcvideodec" />

You need to do that for any filter you want to use for that particular file type

BTW 0wing told you to install ffdshow because that will most likely be the audio codec set as the default in mediasconfig.xml and why nothing is working installing ffdshow would have probably solved your problems as all other filters set as the default for video are included I did tell you this previously
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
themaster1 Wrote:ffdshow to play mkv, fantastic idea (the one with dxva support never worked on my pc)
No i wanna use cyberlink power dvd or core avc codec for mp4,mkv AVC/h264 and haali splitter if possible.

The problem concerns HD streams mainly

Ffdshow is used for audio by default in DSPlayer, that is why I told you to try and install it.

Cyberlink video decoder, haali and coreavc is already in the filtersconfig.xml.
Though you have to changer the CLSID for Cyberlink video decoder to {D00E73D7-06F5-44F9-8BE4-B7DB191E9E7E}.

Add
Code:
<filter name="cyberlinkaudiodec" type="audiodec">
  <guid>{501099E1-5C05-4ED3-B0CB-371F97F5412C}</guid>
  <osdname>CyberLink Audio Decoder</osdname>
</filter>
to filtersconfig for Cyberlink audio decoder.

The setup for mkv in mediasconfig.xml should look like this for Cyberlink.
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
  <source filter="haali" />
  <splitter filter="haali" />
  <video filter="cyberlinkvideodec" />
  <audio filter="cyberlinkaudiodec" />
</rule>

But what I really recommend is just installing ffdshow and let the default settings do their job.

And the reason why you didn't get ffdshow DXVA to work is probably because it uses a whitelist instead of a blacklist for programs it can be used in.
(Or it actually doesn't work, I don't really know if it can do DXVA 1.0.)
Try these just to see if it gets it working I've done one config that uses only MPC-HC audio and video codecs as it should work without installing anything and another that will use MPC-HC audio codec and haali and CoreAVC for MP4, MKV and MOV (Trailers)

Its not really necessary to use haali for MP4 or MOV but it doesn't hurt either and CoreAVC seems to prefere it, obviously you need CoreAVC and Haali installed

Both work as I tested them hopefully your get the idea after a while and configure them yourself, I've included the default filtersconfig.xml as well in case you messed yours up both are from DSPlayer Rev553d719

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8ryeb2co3169om5

If you need to configure the MPC-HC audio codec you can do it in MPC-HC by doing the following

In MPC-HC go to

View > Options > Insternal Filters, and double click AC3 or DTS

You can do it from XBMC OSD under videos when XBMC is in a window but I think your have problems with the OSD with XP maybe not when using CoreAVC but when using DXVA I certainly did
Well it's not working . Maybe i'm doing it wrong, i don't know

filters that should be used: (verified with graphstudio)

VOB:
1) CyberLink MPEG Splitter
{2F405453-42AF-4995-A9F9-8DDAA5D2F155}
2) CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10)
3) Audio:ffdshow Audio Decoder

----------------
MPEG2:
1) CyberLink MPEG Splitter
{2F405453-42AF-4995-A9F9-8DDAA5D2F155}

2) CyberLink Video /SP Decoder(PDVD10 UPnP)

3) Audio: ffdshow
{0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}

----------------
MP4 (AVC):

1) CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10)

2) Audio: DivX AAC Decoder
{19987CEE-DEE8-49DC-98EC-F21380AA9E68}

---------------
H264

1) CyberLink Demultiplexer(PDVD10 UPnP)
{398802BC-304F-4AB4-9A12-465B9E9B2224}

2) CyberLink Video Decoder (PDVD10)

---------------
TS (mpeg2):

1) CyberLink Video/SP decoder(PDVD10 UPnP)
{4D009338-9888-4011-A18A-A2653A3D733C}

2) ffdshow ffdshow Audio Decoder
{0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}

If someone can make me a useable dsfiltersconfig.xml & mediasconfig.xml i'd appreciate
If the configs I did don't work for MKV, MP4 and MOV especially the ones in the MPC-HC folder then there's something wrong as I tested them first and they work fine using build Rev553d719

The configs in the MPC-HC folder don't require you to install anything which is why you should test with them before you even try configuring something else

Did you put them in the right place ? both should go in

C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\players\dsplayer
Your files seem to work >>X<<, videos are decoded with mpc (cpu resources around 50% with a 720p mkv which could be lower but better than nothing)
One issue though, it concerns .TS files i have many in HD and also in SD if you can add a rule especially for the HD i'd appreciate
That does seem high when you press "o" for codec info in the video decoder line does it say at the end "H.264 Bitstream decoder, no FGT" if it doesn't its not using DXVA

Alternative way to see is bring up the OSD then select video and turn on Render Stats to "stats large" second to last line will tell you if its using DXVA

I only did the configs just to make sure it does work and wasn't working because of user error Smile

You really need to configure it yourself as you know what's on your system start simple just edit the one I gave you use a proper text editor like Notepad++ and just try one thing like changing the video decoder for mkv to CyberLink

You need to use a text editor as not everything in the filtersconfig.xml is code some of it are examples which will be in green

The one I sent you looks like this for mkv

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="mkvsource" />
      <splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
      <video filter="[color=red]mpcvideodec[/color]" />
      [color=green]<!-- You can do like that to specifie a DXVA only filters.
      If you want to use the same filter for DXVA and non DXVA media, just add
      a single <video> line.
      <video>
        <video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
        <video filter="mpcvideodec" />
      </video> -->[/color]
      <audio filter="mpaaudiodec" />
     [color=green] <!--<extra>
        <extra filter="ac3filter" />
        <extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
      </extra>-->[/color]

Change it to CyberLink which is listed in filtersconfig.xml with the filter name cyberlinkvideodec

Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
      <source filter="mkvsource" />
      <splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
      <video filter="[color=red]cyberlinkvideodec[/color]" />
      [color=green]<!-- You can do like that to specifie a DXVA only filters.
      If you want to use the same filter for DXVA and non DXVA media, just add
      a single <video> line.
      <video>
        <video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
        <video filter="mpcvideodec" />
      </video> -->[/color]
      <audio filter="mpaaudiodec" />
     [color=green] <!--<extra>
        <extra filter="ac3filter" />
        <extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
      </extra>-->[/color]

I've highlighted the part that's changed in red I really don't know how to explain it any simpler

Look up the filter name in filtersconfig.xml and add that name as above in mediasconfig.xml its all done the same way I wouldn't even change source filters or splitter filters unless there's a problem
With the CoreAVC xml you've provided coreavc decode the mp4 perfectly with very low cpu resources taken. MPEG2/MKV are not played at all though
Do you mean MPEG2 in a MKV container doesn't work because H.264 in a MKV container should

CoreAVC doesn't decode MPEG2 you would either have to use a codec that supports both H.264/MPEG2 or add another rule to MKV telling it what to use when its MPEG2/MKV you would have to use a rule based on video codec under MKV

At least you know now it can work you just need to spend some time learning how to configure it, searching the old development thread and support thread will help as most questions have already been covered in there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xp + dxva0