• 208(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
(2012-04-30, 20:41)chippie Wrote:
(2012-04-29, 20:47)denz13 Wrote: Is there an easier way to get movies to show as "DVD" & "BluRay" cases in showcase view, instead of having to rename all of the files?

Currently Aeon MQ3 shows mine as AVC1, XVID, etc

Switching to Aeon and they appear as BluRay or DVD correctly

I think the other skin really works incorrectly as you can have HD material which has been ripped in XVID format and SD material that has been encoded in H264 so basing the cases on the encoding is wrong IMO. This has been discussed before and the general view was for the cases to be based on filename. It may take some time but labelling your movies correctly outside of XBMC has many benefits not least of all being able to search for and see at a glance exactly what resolution and type of rip the movie is outside of XBMC. There are numerous batch renaming programs out there which will make life much easier for you.

I label mine as "Moive Name (YEAR) (BluRay) (1080p).mkv" for example.

Failing that, if it really is too much of a task to handle, you could ask Marcos for the exploded textures.xbt and copy the DVD and BluRay covers over to the other ones. Also you may want to try to overwrite the videocodec tags under addons\skin.aeonmq.3\media\flags\videocodec with the DVD / BluRay ones from the \media\source folder. I am not sure if that will work for the covers though. Remember to back up everyhting first!

Thanks for this! Which renaming program do you use yourself? I've used 'The renamer' before but I can't see a setting to add DVD or BluRay to the file name.
(2012-04-30, 22:56)astrotrain Wrote:
(2012-04-30, 21:51)Martijn Wrote: The seperate movies showing next to the movie set is a bug that was found last week. No need to report cause it's already known and worked on

Thanks, thought my playlists went crazy on me not removing the individual files. Do you know if the fix will occur on the next nightly build?

cheers,

We discussed this and they could do a quick and ugly hack or do it right and we are gonna go with the second one.

It only happens if you have multiple paths added as a rule and if one of them matches
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-30, 23:02)denz13 Wrote: Thanks for this! Which renaming program do you use yourself? I've used 'The renamer' before but I can't see a setting to add DVD or BluRay to the file name.

I actually use Directory Opus, if you have not got it it I would highly recommend it, it is by far the best file manager out there, for Windows at any rate. All my movies are named correctly but if I ever want to make any changes, DOpus can search multiple locations based on file size, any name combinations, dates, tags or multiple combination of etc... you can then just select all your files and rename using expressions, a find a replace funtion, there are no limits really. It will easily allow you to add any text to your selected files. However be prepared as DOpus has so many options you will probably be playing with it for a few days.

There is a 60 day trial period after which it costs 85 AUD (Australian), around £55 or $88. Best money I have ever spent!!!

PM me if you decide to go down this route and I can give you some renaming tips etc...
@denz13

Just looked at "The Renamer", looks ok and may work well for TVShows, not so sure of the benefit for movies though unless your namining (genric statement) is bad to start with. Remember, there is no program out there that will automatically know what your movie source is and name it as such. The naming is a manual process by searching on file size, extension and a little bit of common sense, then selecting which files you want to rename.

Perhaps use a combination of The Renamer and then something like DOpus to add the bits like (DVD), (BluRay) etc...
Last week i tried to modify my keymap.xml so it would take me directly to the library view using this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1049898 but it doesn't seem to work.

Is this different for Aeon MQ3 ?
go get rid of the "Buffering - please wait", advancedsettings.xml <busydialogdelay>15000</busydialogdelay>

doesn't work with MQ 3

what I did - just delete DialogBusy.xml in the skins 720 folder - no more "buffering" message. ;-)

Don't know if this will cause more problemsHuh
Christian
Hi there, greetings from Spain,

I love this skin but I would like to ask about a couple of things:

I would like to increase the font size of the movie tittles and plot in different views

Which xlm files do I need to modify?

Maybe Font.xlm and all the viewtypes.xlm files?

Thanks in advance for your supportBig Grin
hi guys,
uhm, aeon mq3 v2.0.1 down arrow 3 times trailer not working for me...
trailers do work correctly when launched from info window,,,
but none plays when i hit down arrow 3 times...
of course, im talkng about online youtube steaming trailers!!
how can i fix this?
thx
Check if the trailers actualy still exist. Can't play one that isn't there any more.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-02, 03:39)eskro Wrote: hi guys,
uhm, aeon mq3 v2.0.1 down arrow 3 times trailer not working for me...
trailers do work correctly when launched from info window,,,
but none plays when i hit down arrow 3 times...
of course, im talkng about online youtube steaming trailers!!
how can i fix this?
thx

I scraped youtube trailers with Ember and some just dont exist anymore so they dont work but if the url is in the right format and the trailer is still on youtube it should work.
when im on a movie, and press 'i' for INFO,
well, info screen shows up.
from info screen, i can navigate to trailers
and yes, the trailer does play this way.

but again,
if in the movie section,
and when im on same movie,
i see "press down arrow 3 times to play trailer" and,
well, doing so, trailer wont launch.
down arrow 3 times doesnt work

and im talking about the same movie here.

Me too trailer doesnt work since 2.0 i think and i download the trailer and store them in my movie hard drive;
I was thinking a bad configuration since i change my set up (network)but everything seem find,trailer doesnt show up.
Just check and from info menu it is working

I have problem with the extra pack theme ,i dont see some picture,black screenHuh
Thanks
yeah black screens are an ongoing issue with AEON MQ...
ever since MQ2, its happening to many of us.
author refuses to acknowledge/fix this issue.
thats why many gave up and use AEON NOX instead.
pretty much bug free!
Well I checked the issue mentioned in trailers, and found the same trouble here, Marcos will fix in next release, as the question ta black screen issues, I could not detect the trouble/bug here, if possible inform which OS and which version of XBMC is being used. Local Trailer work fine here, only streaming is broken.
MarcosQui is focused all efforts on the new skin aeonmq.4, I hope you understand. The development of the MQ 3 continues when time permits of course.
@eskro, his comment was a bit rude, since the troubles or bugs happens in others skins too or not??.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi Wanilton Smile
Im sorry if my comment felt rude.
i didn't mean to.

its just that AEON MQ3 is so nice and,
i feel that not so much efforts are put to make MQ3 bug free...
There's still bugs from previous versions existing in MQ3
and it would be a very good idea if author would concentrate on getting this fixed
instead of creating MQ4 at the moment.
but thats me Tongue

example, MUSIC section we talked about it together on Messenger one time, remember?
MUSIC section needs to be worked on seriously.
we need to be able to use 1 FanArt per Album,
just like MOVIE section, each movie gets his own FanArt.
and also, so far, there's a BUG in MQ3 since no FanArt shows up at the moment.
its very annoying. BUG appeared like this for no reason...

also. all my skin settings were supposed to be kept when upgrading
from MQ2 to MQ3, well, not true, i lost all my settings and yes,
i used method of upgrading described by MarcosQui :/

also, for no reason, all my main menu items backdrops reverted to the default ones.
just like that, for no apparent reasons....
i really dont know why it did that..
its not like i've played with the settings or anything.
thats why it puzzles me...

and when playing MUSIC,
in MQ2, i could see the 5 Next Tracks that would play,
but in MQ3, this doesnt appear anymore and yes,
option is enabled in the skin settings...
like i said, MUSIC section needs to be worked on
and i would prefer a MQ3 update that fix all of these
instead of a new MQ4 that still has these bugs :/

now for the trailers,
i found that in the skin settings,
under PLAYBACK options,
if i set the trailers to be played in a FULL SCREEN windows,
the "press down arrow 3 times to play trailer" wont work at all...
but then, if i set the trailers to be played in a Window screen instead,
then, the "press down arrow 3 times to play trailer" works!

and in MQ2. when movie section is in ShowCase view,
the trailers played at the place of where the movie fanart was shown... awesome!!
i would like this to be this way in MQ3. or have an option to make it like it was in MQ2.

now the black screens have been mentioned by many users over the time and,
i guess that since author doesnt experience such an issue
it'll be hard to fix..

i currently have a black background in my MUSIC section.
no FanArt appears when navigating through my albums...

again, MUSIC section needs to be loved too Tongue
i feel its been left away...

Also, MQ skin is in need of its very own forum...
its so hard to help people the way it is now...
it needs its own forum with its own section.
this skin is so big and so used by throusands of ppl
that its hard to get support for it all under 1 thread here...

ok Wanilton, take care and i hope that my post can be constructive! Smile
  • 208(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 322