• 207(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 3
Hey Guys,

I have two questions:

Regarding number 1: How can I remove the glossy overlay effect?
Regarding number 2: Where can I get the custom studio / Sound format icons etc.

Thanks guys.
Any idea why I can't switch to the "Wide" viewtype or the "Landscape" viewtype? This is for movies...

Thanks
For some reason the Korean text is invisible... Is this a bug? Help would be appreciated!
Hopefully I'm posting in the right thread...

Is there a way to custom the .ini (I assume there are ini files that would need to be changed) files for advanced launcher views? Basically what I would like to do is change the size of some settings..

For Instance.

If I open Advanced Launcher I want that just the way it is, Large List showing the image how it is set and whatever artwork I put on there. But when I open my SNES folder and use large list, set to poster, the poster file is in a poster type size instead of the actual SNES box size? It's potrait instead of landscape.

So basically what I'm asking is where are the files located to where these sizes are determined by xbmc to read the sizes and other info on the view types for this skin? I'd like to customize it so all my stuff is awesome looking.

Even though it's pretty amazing now! I'm really enjoying it and it's beautiful on my 50" LED!

Thanks!
Can I disable the show buffering indicator. I use Cinema Experience and between trailers the buffering indicatior is visible - but not required.

Thanks
Christian
(2012-04-27, 23:49)pyite Wrote: Any idea why I can't switch to the "Wide" viewtype or the "Landscape" viewtype? This is for movies...

Thanks

Because the Wide and Landscape Views only support the artwork that is provided with TV Shows, eg. logo.png and landscape.png.
(2012-04-28, 16:28)moravec Wrote: Can I disable the show buffering indicator. I use Cinema Experience and between trailers the buffering indicatior is visible - but not required.

Thanks
Christian

Sort of. You can set the "busydialogdelay" in your advancedsettings.xml file to a higher number (maybe something like 10 seconds) so that the next trailer comes up before the dialog has chance to display.
Is there an easier way to get movies to show as "DVD" & "BluRay" cases in showcase view, instead of having to rename all of the files?

Currently Aeon MQ3 shows mine as AVC1, XVID, etc

Switching to Aeon and they appear as BluRay or DVD correctly
@socialskills. I changed in my advancedsettings.xml busydialogdelay to 25 seconds with no effect at all... (value to 25000).

Is this the correct setting concerning the buffering - please wait message?

Christian
@ Marcos

As always best skin on XBMC, period. Haven't gone to any other skin since I started using XBMC.

Wanted to point out the issue with movie sets using the smart playlist feature. If you are using a playlist (such as HD movies) with movie sets enabled and properly have the associated files within the movie set, Aeon shows correctly the movie set and the pertinent movies within But it does not remove the individual movies associated with the movie set in the playlist library. So all the movies are listed twice.

For example if you have the Die Hard movies 1,2,3 Aeon will show the Die Hard movie collection but it will also list all the individual movies 1,2,3 in the same playlist library. This does not happen in the main "Movie" library only using smart playlist.

Can you please edit Aeon 3 to correct this issue? Will be greatly appreciated as it defeats the purpose of having movie sets using playlists.

Many thanks in advance.
Just had a look at this skin, and it runs surprisingly well on my net top! (nox is my main skin). It's got some really nice features on this.

Running the skin in normal mode at the moment.

Few questions:
1 is there a way to make the status dialogue smaller like in nox? it is WAY too big imo.
2. in a few of the views like low list, the tumb nail/covers are slanted, is there a way to show these face on? also covers up the numbers in the music section.

I see the latest nox 3.0 beta takes quite a few design ideas from mq, But unfortunately they have got rid of a couple of my fave views.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2012-04-29, 20:47)denz13 Wrote: Is there an easier way to get movies to show as "DVD" & "BluRay" cases in showcase view, instead of having to rename all of the files?

Currently Aeon MQ3 shows mine as AVC1, XVID, etc

Switching to Aeon and they appear as BluRay or DVD correctly

I think the other skin really works incorrectly as you can have HD material which has been ripped in XVID format and SD material that has been encoded in H264 so basing the cases on the encoding is wrong IMO. This has been discussed before and the general view was for the cases to be based on filename. It may take some time but labelling your movies correctly outside of XBMC has many benefits not least of all being able to search for and see at a glance exactly what resolution and type of rip the movie is outside of XBMC. There are numerous batch renaming programs out there which will make life much easier for you.

I label mine as "Moive Name (YEAR) (BluRay) (1080p).mkv" for example.

Failing that, if it really is too much of a task to handle, you could ask Marcos for the exploded textures.xbt and copy the DVD and BluRay covers over to the other ones. Also you may want to try to overwrite the videocodec tags under addons\skin.aeonmq.3\media\flags\videocodec with the DVD / BluRay ones from the \media\source folder. I am not sure if that will work for the covers though. Remember to back up everyhting first!
(2012-04-30, 02:13)astrotrain Wrote: @ Marcos

As always best skin on XBMC, period. Haven't gone to any other skin since I started using XBMC.

Wanted to point out the issue with movie sets using the smart playlist feature. If you are using a playlist (such as HD movies) with movie sets enabled and properly have the associated files within the movie set, Aeon shows correctly the movie set and the pertinent movies within But it does not remove the individual movies associated with the movie set in the playlist library. So all the movies are listed twice.

For example if you have the Die Hard movies 1,2,3 Aeon will show the Die Hard movie collection but it will also list all the individual movies 1,2,3 in the same playlist library. This does not happen in the main "Movie" library only using smart playlist.

Can you please edit Aeon 3 to correct this issue? Will be greatly appreciated as it defeats the purpose of having movie sets using playlists.

Many thanks in advance.

Is this not an issue with playlists rather than the skin?
Have you tried any other skins that support Movie Sets, do they display correctly? My understanding is that Movie Sets creates a entry in the database similar to any movie so your Smart Playlist will always pick up that entry as well. Perhaps there is a way to configure the rules of the playlist so it does not pick up Movie Sets, eitherway I do not believe this is a skin issue but may stand to be corrected Big Grin
The seperate movies showing next to the movie set is a bug that was found last week. No need to report cause it's already known and worked on
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-04-30, 21:51)Martijn Wrote: The seperate movies showing next to the movie set is a bug that was found last week. No need to report cause it's already known and worked on

Thanks, thought my playlists went crazy on me not removing the individual files. Do you know if the fix will occur on the next nightly build?

cheers,
  • 207(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon MQ 322