Back Button Goes to Home
So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to a newer build knowing I couldnt get the vertical menu anymore. Its not bad, but theres an issue that is really bugging me.

I have assigned some playlists to the favorites and when I go to them from the home menu its fine. However, when I hit back instead of being taken to the home menu instead I am taken to the videos menu. I end up having to hit back 4 times to get to my desired destionation.

I searched the forums and found this
legendman Wrote:It's decided by the main menu's .xml. For instance, if you have the movies button activated like this, it will return to the home menu on back.

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>
And if you remove ',return' it will act like Ellipsis does. Try editing Ellipsis' IncludeMenu.xml. You can also assign PreviousMenu (I think) to a button and use that to exit to the main menu. I hope that was clear enough.

So try as I might I cant find a includemenu.xml for confluence. Can someone help me out?
Your your running it from favourites there is nothing the skin can do about it because we have no control of what gets added there
I know this is outside the scope of this forum, but is it possible to map a button to a remote that automatically goes to the home menu?
It sounds like a bug IMO, hitting back in your case should bring you to home.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Well that was an unexpected response. Any way to confirm that its a bug or do I just need to reinstall and go for it?

I am on the June 19th(ish) build for atv2. Whatever the last "stable" one is you can get from nitotv.
Technically it's not a bug: The favourites item provides a shortcut to the item you want, so if you like it's basically clicking through to the playlist for you. Thus, going back does go back through the heirarchy. This might do what you expect if the favourites button was actually on the video screen for instance.

Whether or not we should add the ,return by default or not I don't really know. I suspect it is what most people would want, but I'm not completely convinced one way or the other.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Alright, I understand.

But your answer seems to leave the door open that there is something I can change to make it happen. I need to add the ", return" to an xml file correct?

Could you point me in the direction of the correct file as there is not an IncludeMenu.xml for confluence (unless I was looking in the wrong place).
in your userdata dir called favourites.xml
Here is my current code:

<favourite name="New TV ">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/New TV Shows.xsp&quot;,return)</favourite>

This doesnt seem to work. Does it have to do with the &quot; part?
That should work just fine. Do you have a debug log of it not working so we can see where the issue might be?

False alarm. When I reuploaded the file I had accidently saved it as a .txt instead of an .xml. When I noticed that I resaved and reuploaded it correctly and now its all good. Thanks for the guidance.
jmarshall Wrote:Technically it's not a bug: The favourites item provides a shortcut to the item you want, so if you like it's basically clicking through to the playlist for you. Thus, going back does go back through the heirarchy. This might do what you expect if the favourites button was actually on the video screen for instance.

Whether or not we should add the ,return by default or not I don't really know. I suspect it is what most people would want, but I'm not completely convinced one way or the other.

Personally when I access a favorite I expect that to be put ontop of the navigational stack.

So stack [Home] would become [Home, ThePlaylist] and not [Home, Music, Playlists, ThePlaylist].

The same goes for if I do fast access to movies I'd expect it to go from [Home] to [Home, Movies] and not [Home, Videos, Movies].

I have never really thought anyone would have wanted it otherwise than that but perhaps there are different schools of thoughts, of what is expected behavior. I was planning on taking a look on the stack stuff as it feels like its not remembering exactly as I would want, but perhaps we should first discuss what we want it to do Smile

To me when I add a favorite or fast access it should be direct access, perhaps we simply should have a setting in gui for it? "Treat links as single instance on the stack" (obviously with better description as I can't come up with a good way to describe it). If set then we do return, if not we skip return?
If you have problems please read this before posting

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
In that case we want to slap the return parameter onto the ActivateWindow (see Favourites.cpp) - I have no issues with that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Back Button Goes to Home0