Cybersky tv
Star 
though still in beta this i think might be the next best thing !
http://cybersky-tv.net/
http://www.tvoon.de/ctv/tvoon/index.html

imagine having thousands of channels on the xbox.... free of charge.

i emailed them if they'd share the source >
from: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
yes, we would be glad to cooperate with xbox-sourceforgers. regards
guido
--------------
anyone else find this a good idea for xbmc ?
wait until tomorrow to see whether the state court of hamburg shuts them down due to legal action taken by premiere (the no. 1 germany pay tv company).
for this a legal opinion was made, according to that, it is expected that on
22. march the temporary injunction is waived and the new software will be
distributed free and broadly by the operators.

http://www.dgap.de/psf....b&d=aom

its no diffrent then other p2p programs.. so i'd doubt it will get banned.
cool :thumbsup:
it has already been delayed once.

make that twice, now.

delayed again until 12th april.

what's the bet it gets delayed again? if you can't win a case, you drag it out.
hmm yes.. well lets keep an Shocked eye out anyway Huh
a interface to cybersky-tv on xbmc would be great! or a tvoon remote control plugin into xbmc even better! :kickass:
well today is supposed to be the judgement day for cybersky-tv, it will be interesting to see if they are allowed to launch the software or if it will be banned/pushed back again. if it is launched, it will be interesting to see where this new trend goes, it will undoubtedly take at least a few days to a few weeks before things start to pick up with it, but if the audio/video quality is good, this could be huge. we should wait a little longer to see if the technology even plays out the way it is supposed to before requesting anything, the software could be released and barely run, in which case it would be a waste to have it in xbmc.
this ban may be lifted on april 26 (you don't mind waiting do you?). during the court hearing on april 12 the judge couldn't bring premiere and cybersky-tv developer guido ciburski closer together, so according to dpa(deutsche presse agentur) the court will announce a verdict on april 26. check the official download page for more details on the release.

well..well.. a verdict... :bomb:
if this outfit ever actually does something (or is allowed to do something), i don't think the fit will be that good with the xbmc community.

http://www.participatoryculture.org/

these guys are doing something similar which is due to be released in june - and it's written in python !!!

the german outfit seem a little dodgy to me (eg. looking to make money out of it). this outfit seem like real grassroots, community-minded individuals.

check it out.
dear cyberistas,
as promised we today received the verdict!

its not really bad...
bad news: the software we made is not allowed.
good news: the software with a "premiere-pay-tv-recognizer and blocking"-plugin is allowed.

so as a result, i have to sit down again, write additional module/plugin and can finally release. i guess i will need 2 weeks to find the string "conditional access system id" in a delivered stream. any tv-stream with that string inside (vtx,cc [i.e. videotext/teletext, close captioning; ed.]) will not delivered over the network. thats all.

and in addition we have to change the website. premiere said, we advertised illegal features with the presentation of press coverage.
this is how things are coming along:

we've got three executable files:

1. video-inserter
2. p2p-highspeed-network
3. tv-player

(for 1 and 3, we'll be releasing source files, so anyone can build whatever they want)
2 is pure data distribution, but encoded and top secret (the enemy is listening!Wink

for 1 there are screenshots/flash animations on the web site. for 2 test sockets have already been sent to several users, this weekend the number of testers will be increased, it's looking good.
for 3, the player, there are screenshots as well.

everything will be released as soon as
a) we've got a wide range of tv-streams to offer, we're testing that right now, this is exactly why we are sending out the video-inserter this weekend. it should first of all be attractive for usa and germany were most of the users are from.
b) the plug-in to block *some pay-tv-station* is ready (crypto is working on that one).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cybersky tv0