What stuff can an Apple TV2 NOT play?
so, what can an ATV2 not play?

I'm talking about here specifically 720p blueray rips. i'm not sure if we're allowed to link but for example:
breaking bad s02e01 blueray x264 720p rips.

if i get an ATV2, my plan is too hook it up via ethernet using powerline adaptors OR maybe wifi (it works on my MBP most of the time).

thoughts/suggestions please? bugs and slowness really piss me off but the ATV2 looks like the perfect price-value compromise for 720p playback... if what u guys say are true about its capabilities to churn out any 720p goodies.
aoaaron Wrote:so, what can an ATV2 not play?

I'm talking about here specifically 720p blueray rips. i'm not sure if we're allowed to link but for example:
breaking bad s02e01 blueray x264 720p rips.

if i get an ATV2, my plan is too hook it up via ethernet using powerline adaptors OR maybe wifi (it works on my MBP most of the time).

thoughts/suggestions please? bugs and slowness really piss me off but the ATV2 looks like the perfect price-value compromise for 720p playback... if what u guys say are true about its capabilities to churn out any 720p goodies.

If you 'encode your blurays' to mkv x264, you will not have any issues with the ATV2. I have plenty of 1080p content that plays beautifully. You will however have a terrible time with any 'avi' file that is high def. Standard def, such as Breaking_Bad_s02e01_DVDRip_XViD.avi will work fine and dandy.
Ethernet power line adapters can be slower than wireless g. Be aware of network performance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What stuff can an Apple TV2 NOT play?0