• 3(current)
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.
tuxen Wrote:Like you I could not find anything conclusive.
But everywere you read it seems to be expected for most if not all systems late this year. It also seems there an old site about some conversion for some dodgy surround: http://2011/02/netflix-tip-how-to-get-su...sound.html
Have not read it.

I'd like to hear about the results though. Smile

Regards tuxen

Yeah I had seen something like this before. Dolby ProLogic II can take a stereo source and emulate surround sound.
jhusch Wrote:Tuxen,

I am having a hard time finding a pre-eden executor, any tips?

I'm assuming this is an older version of the executer plugin?
Why would you need that, your XBMC version or has it something to do with the article coz I have not read it, and now I can't get to the page. I'm wondering what the difference is to you? Smile

Regards tuxen
jhusch Wrote:Yeah I had seen something like this before. Dolby ProLogic II can take a stereo source and emulate surround sound.

I assume to that it did not work setting the speaker number in WMC?

Otherwise think all we can do is just wait, hopefully just a bit, soon as it reach XBOX360 (if it hasnt allready) I think MS will follow shortly with WMC Netflix.

Regards tuxen
tuxen Wrote:I'm assuming this is an older version of the executer plugin?
Why would you need that, your XBMC version or has it something to do with the article coz I have not read it, and now I can't get to the page. I'm wondering what the difference is to you? Smile

Regards tuxen

I am following your install instructions and I cannot find a Exceuter plug in from the add-on repository, I am running one of the pre-eden nightly builds.
tuxen Wrote:I assume to that it did not work setting the speaker number in WMC?

Otherwise think all we can do is just wait, hopefully just a bit, soon as it reach XBOX360 (if it hasnt allready) I think MS will follow shortly with WMC Netflix.

Regards tuxen

I havent been able to fully install Netflix using your instructions, however once I do I will try it.

I know there is a Netflix plug in for WMC, however I am not sure how you could get XBMC to use it. Im a IT guy, but not one of you really smart software guys Smile
Many add on's are missing in the repository if you run nightly's. Sad
I'm not sure but i think it's they are broken at the time if you are running beta's (thats what i assume) or what? I think the only sollution is to go with the official builds.

In general there's no reason to run nightly's, unless you absolutely want to test a new feature, otherwise I think you are just torturing yourself running a new beta everyday. Things move real fast in the XBMC source.

XBMC 10.1 was made with RC's and new features where not implemented before all bugs were cleaned out. You should follow this road, coz I doubt the XBMC team will support any nightly beta.

Regards tuxen
jhusch Wrote:I havent been able to fully install Netflix using your instructions, however once I do I will try it.

I know there is a Netflix plug in for WMC, however I am not sure how you could get XBMC to use it. Im a IT guy, but not one of you really smart software guys Smile

If you live outside US you will probably need a little guidance.

If you live US I think you should have gotten the WMC tv update automaticaly, if not try run this .bat file http://81.161.149.87:8080/updmce/mcefupd.bat

You can check it if you run snetflix.exe Netflix should load automatically.

Or maybe that's not the issue and I misunderstood you totally. Smile

Regards tuxen
Tuxen,

I love your hulu and netflix solutions. Went to them due to addons breaking.

I have ran into an oddity, recently, with snetflix.exe--older and newest as of Aug 25th, I think, from this thread, when running from xbmc using executor or advanced launcher. snetflix.exe works fine when launching from cmd or mouse.

Windows title: MediaCenterWebLauncher.exe - application failure
Error: the application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)

I tested with 10.1 and 8/31 nightly with the same results. Suggestions? I am willing to admit it may be on my end.

Also, any chance of a sboxee.exe? Killing myself trying to launch it.

Respectfully,

Shalun
Shalun Wrote:Tuxen,

I love your hulu and netflix solutions. Went to them due to addons breaking.

I have ran into an oddity, recently, with snetflix.exe--older and newest as of Aug 25th, I think, from this thread, when running from xbmc using executor or advanced launcher. snetflix.exe works fine when launching from cmd or mouse.

Windows title: MediaCenterWebLauncher.exe - application failure
Error: the application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b)

I tested with 10.1 and 8/31 nightly with the same results. Suggestions? I am willing to admit it may be on my end.

Also, any chance of a sboxee.exe? Killing myself trying to launch it.

Respectfully,

Shalun

Hi Shalun, look at the first post again, load the guide and download snetflix.exe from the guide. That's the latest version from 31. august.

Have you tried cleaning out directories to se if anything got left behind, it happens with some plugins unfourtunately. Or maybe rename snetflix.exe and doing it all again. I've seen weird cache behavior in some skins.

Only think I say is try replicate the error on another computer, if you can't something must be leftover somewhere on your computer. And don't use a nightly. Wink

Otherwise we can try a roll back to the first version, but I really don't think that it's the snetflix causing your error.

Regards tuxen
Tuxen you are correct and after an embarrassing amount of time trying to determine root cause, I just formatted my box, I am back up and running.

The problem persisted even after an uninstall and deletion of xbmc's program and appdata directory. Very frustrating but there must be information stored elsewhere. I have a clonezilla image to recover if I have repeat.

Thank you for your guidance.
There are alot of hiding places.. Glad to hear you're up and running again. Smile

Regards tuxen
Big Grin 
Maybe this should be also be posted in the "Plugin/Script (Python) Addons Help and Support" to get more exposure, not sure if it's technically a Plugin/Script, but... ??

Regardless, I REALLY like this solution. I'm semi new to all this, and it was a breeze.

I initially used the "official" XBMC Flicks plugin; I really liked how Netflix was integrated with the XBMC skin, but it was a little less reliable for me -and frustrating to get the remote to work, start in full screen and get back into XBMC. All in all, XBMC Flicks is a great project, please keep it up!

However, for now, this solution by tuxen works better for me. My Harmony remote worked without so much as a single tweak!!! And while the WMC Netflix interface isn't XBMC, but it's still quite nice and easy to use. And it got me playing around with WMC, it's pretty nice. I like those sports scores in WMC...

Anyway, as noted by other users, I noticed the Window's desktop when the script switched between XBMC and the WMC Netflix plugin, but my super-simple work around was clearing the desktop of icons, setting a black background and a nice XBMC splash screen as the desktop, and auto-hiding the taskbar. Maybe not perfect, but it works for me. Slick enough!

So, thanks again!!!

I'm looking forward to trying your Hulu work around when I have some time!
Updates.. Added an ini file so you can specify your own exit key(s).
Read up on the guide in the first post, and get the files. Smile

Best Regards tuxen
@jaydash, thanks alot for the kind words.
Criticism, ideas, suggetions, and especially posts like yours are allways welcome. Wink

Best Regards tuxen
Updated, check first out the first post..

Regards tuxen

ARRRG!.. sorry for the double post. Anyways ALLWAYS check the first post for updates. Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.3