• 1(current)
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.
Hi, This is the closest I got to integrate the WMC Netflix plugin in XBMC.

I have migrated the site so the new files can be found here:
http://user.gosub.dk/tuxen/scripthelpers...ssnetflix/
No more annoying IP addresses to be remembered!

I have updated and cleaned the guides to have fewer steps so everything is less cluttered.
The guides can be found inside the zip files now. Also it's Eden beta1 compatible.

History:
(Update 05/01-2012 - v.9b: Started on a fresh Eden compatible version)
(Update 05/01-2012 - v.9b: Migrated all the stuff to a proper web server with a domain name)

Best regards tuxen
How do you exit Netflix and does XBMC return to fullscreen?

I will be trying this soon. XBMCflix just seems unpolished and Im used to using the netflix app from my WMC days.
dsimages Wrote:How do you exit Netflix and does XBMC return to fullscreen?

I will be trying this soon. XBMCflix just seems unpolished and Im used to using the netflix app from my WMC days.

I just exit Netflix with a key mapped to "Alt+F4". No back, back, back, or use grab for the mouse to hit the cross. "Alt+F4" should be no different. (You can now exit by pressing the "esc" button.)

There is one bug, you need to press Netflix twice the very first time (think it maybe the executer plugin) at first click nothing happens, click it again and it loads the plugin just fine, a very small annoyment. I'll update the guide with the info. (Bug has been fixed.)

And yep it minimizes and returns to fullscreen XBMC after you kill netflix. I use true fullscreen in settings not that "use window as fullscreen" option thingy.

I'll maybe try fixing the double click first time bug (Bug has been fixed.), but I have not invested much time in this, I used more time writing the guide and to host it.
For some info if someone could help : It does not minimize at the first click, all subsequent (is it the right word?) clicks works like a charm! Setting "Use window as fullscreen" gives the same result. (Obsolete now.)

Regards tuxen
I cleaned up, and updated the guide, hope this makes things easier and more understandable.
Have fun, and feel free to ask questions or improve things.

Regards tuxen
why not just use xbmcflicks?
Ofcouse I use XBMC to watch movies, mainly 720p and 1080p "flicks" ;)

Netflix is a very nice service, i use it most to watch documentories and shows and if if you have not tried it you are imho missing out alot. Everything popular is just there instantly, littely at your finger tips (some HD) and with no commercials.

If you mean why I dont use the XBMC Netflix Video Plugin, I think its very well explained in the guide. Like dsimages write; and imho I think most find the WMC Netflix to be better. Also it seems many tried to integrate it seamless, but with limited luck. Also no remote control when watching in the browser.

Regards tuxen
This looks great, definitely going to check it out. I'm an ex-WMC user as well and the XBMCflicks plugin is awful by comparison.
I'm doing the same thing with Netflix and Hulu, using Autohotkey to switch apps. I'm still deciding on what course to take for exiting Netflix. I'd rather not use Alt+F4, since the same button could be hit again and exit XBMC. When I switch to using my universal remote, I may include a command in my XMBC remote macro (i.e. macro within the remote itself) that triggers autohotkey and closes Netflix and/or Hulu if they're active. For now, exiting Netflix via exiting WMC using menus is clumsy but not terrible
Intel G620 2.6Ghz | 4GB DDR3 | ASRock H61M-GE | ASUS ENGT430 | 30GB Kingston SNV125-S2 SSD | 2TB Seagate ST2000DL003 HDD | Lite-On IHOS104-06 Blu-ray Drive | LIANLI PC-C39 Case | Antec EA-380D PSU | WIN7 HOME Prem 64bit | Dharma 10.1
glennt Wrote:I'm doing the same thing with Netflix and Hulu, using Autohotkey to switch apps. I'm still deciding on what course to take for exiting Netflix. I'd rather not use Alt+F4, since the same button could be hit again and exit XBMC. When I switch to using my universal remote, I may include a command in my XBMC remote macro (i.e. macro within the remote itself) that triggers autohotkey and closes Netflix and/or Hulu if they're active. For now, exiting Netflix via exiting WMC using menus is clumsy but not terrible

I have never hit the "alt+f4" twice by mistake. But i guess it depends on the remote, I could imagine it happen if it lags or has somewhat slow response. All I can say is I never had a problem like that, my remote have click buttons though. In fact I use the butten occasional for closing other things to, and never had a mistake :)

Hmm.. Guess you could also make a button to start XBMC again. Heh

Regards tuxen
The concern isn't with me... it's the fact that we have a 2 year old and a 6 year old, and I want it simple enough for anybody to use. Having to explain that a special button exists for existing Netflix detracts from that simplicity.
Intel G620 2.6Ghz | 4GB DDR3 | ASRock H61M-GE | ASUS ENGT430 | 30GB Kingston SNV125-S2 SSD | 2TB Seagate ST2000DL003 HDD | Lite-On IHOS104-06 Blu-ray Drive | LIANLI PC-C39 Case | Antec EA-380D PSU | WIN7 HOME Prem 64bit | Dharma 10.1
You can allways exit it the "usual" way.
Ok.. I fixed the script so there is no more double press the first time.
Also once in WMC Netflix you can exit back to XBMC by pressing the "x" key, it will only kill Netflix and nothing else.
It should work like a charm now.. Smile Heh

Regards tuxen
Update:
Changed windows handling to hopefully free a little more cpu when the Netflix Plugin is running.
Download snetflix.exe again from the guide or here : http://81.161.149.87:8080/netflix/snetflix.zip

Best Regards
tuxen
BTW. I've done the same with Hulu, if anyone want to save some time i'll make a quick guide including tools.
In XBMC I made it appear in pretty much the same manner.

But that thing belongs in a whole different thread.. Heh. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108652
In what repo do I find the Executer plugin? I have looked everywhere and cannot find it?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to intergrate Netflix as seemless as possible.3