Own Videos Playlist Problems
I'm trying to add some Fishing DVD's that I own onto XBMC on my ATV2 and I have added the folder including a .nfo and .tbn as obviously no Scraper will work, but am having issues.

I went to Add Video, selected correct source, set it as Movies and all seems fine and it it's there under Videos no worries and can see the folder and watch what's in it no worries.

The problem I have is I want this on my Home Screen as a Playlist, so add it as such, go to Skin options and select it as a new playlist, just like I have done with another Movie folder and it shows on the menu, but when I select it from the Home Screen Menu it thinks for a few seconds and XBMC closes down altogether, returning me to the ATV.

I tried it a few times, even deleting the Playlist and redoing but all with the same result. I am running latest Nightly but still same issue.

Would anyone have any ideas why this happens please?

Thank you Smile
Please post your crashlog, syslog and xbmc.log - see the first link in my signature for an howto.

Just paste them to pastebin.com and put the links here.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz and apologies. Logs pasted as requested.

xbmc.log
syslog
crashlog

Not sure if that's the right crash log as there were 2 different ones sorry.

Thanks Smile
Wrong crashlog. As of the syslog the crashfile should be:

Code:
/var/mobile/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/AppleTV_2011-08-18-200656_Bedroom-Apple-TV.plist

ps: no need to apologies... even don't know for what Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks mate and was apologising for not putting the logs up initially Smile

crashlog
For the other devs - here is the symbolicated crashlog:

http://pastebin.com/hKBTmtSn
Thanks Memphiz, anyone have any clues or ideas please?
could you provide a short sample of such a video somehow? So someone could try to reproduce the problem. Double check that the problem still exists with the sample ( not more then 50 - 100mb if possible)
Memphiz Wrote:could you provide a short sample of such a video somehow? So someone could try to reproduce the problem. Double check that the problem still exists with the sample ( not more then 50 - 100mb if possible)

Hmm ok you might have me there as I copied the DVd to .iso but will see what I can do. The file plays fine if I go via Videos --> Files --> Fishing --> Title, but via the Playlist is when it crashes.
I should just add that it's not the movie file that crashes XBMC, it's selecting the Playlist that crashes. I don't even get to see the Playlist to view the movie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Own Videos Playlist Problems0