[WINDOWS] librtmp.dll bug!
I made it easy for me and just took the binary from their page (don't have a win32 test system anymore).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:I made it easy for me and just took the binary from their page (don't have a win32 test system anymore).

My System is a 32bit WIn7pro Sp1.

With the binary (compiled dll) works just fine.
With delivered dll in XBMC nightlys => doesn't work!

And you can see in the log, that it doesn't find the dll! Why? Obvisouly the dll from their site can be found!

By the way: wouldn't it be much better to test everything (whole XBMC) on a 32 bit system, since every 32bit Application runs fine on a 64 system! Or has this dll (which is delivered with the nightlys) being test on a 32bit system?

I just don't get it! And doesn't make any sense. Since I have tried it on two systems, both 32 bit and fresh! Latest directX and win updates!
PS: yeah its the best, just taking their dll!
I tried with their latest version from 2011-07-25!
it can find the dll. its just missing a procedure or entry point. libbluray is also compiled on 64 bit and works fine.
as said i don't have any 32 bit at home as it wasn' needed until this point. i won't change it as this is only a hobby and no business.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
WiSo Wrote:it can find the dll. its just missing a procedure or entry point. libbluray is also compiled on 64 bit and works fine.
as said i don't have any 32 bit at home as it wasn' needed until this point. i won't change it as this is only a hobby and no business.

Nobody asked you to, but since you code for this project, shouldn't it run on both systems (32 and 64)? Perhaps someone who has 32 bit system should compile it!
And shouldn't it be tested on a 32 bit systems (which most of us use)?
And what about a VM? just a few thing which come to my mind!

Anyway: for now it works!

PS: I posted a thread, I am not sure if this is a serious bug or not!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=873567
yeah it should run on 32bit but how many active win32 devs do we have you think? there's not much room for having every platform for testing nor the time as we have real jobs and real live too.
XBMC only more or less works with opengl in a vm and doesn't make much fun.
WiSo Wrote:yeah it should run on 32bit but how many active win32 devs do we have you think? there's not much room for having every platform for testing nor the time as we have real jobs and real live too.
XBMC only more or less works with opengl in a vm and doesn't make much fun.

Understandable, that this is your free time. But why do you use 64 bit systems at all? Do the people have more RAM than 8GB these days?

But what i wanted to say earlier was that it would make sense to just test run the 64bit builds time to time on a 32 bit system, to see if does what it should.
This problem for example was mentioned a few weeks agoand then the trac was closed as invalid! And now we all know (from the log) that there is an issue and it is better to take the dll directly from mpleyerhq.
PKOneTwo Wrote:Understandable, that this is your free time. But why do you use 64 bit systems at all? Do the people have more RAM than 8GB these days?

I'm a win32 dev as well and my dev machine is 64bit as well. The reason for this is that I got 8 GB of RAM and 32bit only supports 4 (or rather 3.5) GB of RAM and not up to 8 GB as you said in your post. Even my laptop (which only has 4 GB of RAM) runs Win7 64bit because that's how they are all shipped from Lenovo etc these days.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Just an FYI , I had the same error on win7 64bit.
worked on both of my win7 64bit systems with the links provided in this thread. do you think i would provide a dll which wouldn't work at least on my pc?
Below is my log after recieving a Playback failed - One or more items failed to play message. After some searching, I was brought to this thread and believe to be suffering from the same error. Any thoughts on how this was fixed? I tried deleting my profile and using a copy of librtmp.dll found online with the same result.

21:11:48 T:3252 NOTICE: opening failed
21:11:48 T:3252 NOTICE: attempting to stream file
21:11:48 T:3252 ERROR: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::EndOfDirectory - called with an invalid handle.
21:11:50 T:5656 NOTICE: done waiting
21:11:53 T:3940 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://www511.megaupload.com/files/9...V.XviD-LOL.avi
21:11:53 T:3940 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
21:11:53 T:4988 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
21:11:54 T:5656 NOTICE: opening failed
21:11:54 T:5656 NOTICE: attempting to stream file
21:11:54 T:5656 ERROR: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::EndOfDirectory - called with an invalid handle.
21:11:54 T:4988 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
21:11:54 T:4988 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
21:11:54 T:4988 ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://www511.megaupload.com/files/977a2e5793eec4358ea7d9d3779595ff/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E12.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi>
21:11:54 T:4988 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [http://www511.megaupload.com/files/9....XviD-LOL.avi]
21:11:54 T:4988 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()
21:11:54 T:4988 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit() deleting input stream
21:11:56 T:3940 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: http://www511.megaupload.com/files/f...V.XviD-LOL.avi
21:11:56 T:3940 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
21:11:56 T:3940 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
21:11:56 T:3940 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
21:11:56 T:3940 NOTICE: DVDPlayer: finished waiting
21:11:56 T:3940 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
21:11:56 T:1708 NOTICE: Creating InputStream
21:11:56 T:1708 WARNING: XFILE::CFileCurl::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 22
21:11:56 T:1708 ERROR: CFileCurl::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
21:11:56 T:1708 ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://www511.megaupload.com/files/f9044689fd90acebd065ec6d9a3d960d/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E12.HDTV.XviD-LOL.avi>
21:11:56 T:1708 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [http://www511.megaupload.com/files/f....XviD-LOL.avi]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] librtmp.dll bug!0