I've searched for days - need help - music library
Hi,

I really have tried and searched but not found the answer. All I need is a couple of questions answered thats all.

I have an Advancedsettings.xml file setup in my c:\program files\xbmc\userdata\ folder.

In that file is:

<advancedsettings>
<fanart>
<remove>fanart.jpg</remove>
<add>backdrop.jpg</add>
</fanart>
</advancedsettings>

However, my music is library mode pulls none of my backdrops and in file mode I don't even see any backdrops, just blank.

Once I get this going I'm set and done. Just doing my bloody head in.

Plus, leading from this how in library mode can I change an incorrect backdrop for an artist thats been downloaded.

I guess if the first question is answered the 2nd is voided.

NEED SOME HELP

Thanks
Your advancedsettings.xml is in the wrong place. It needs to be in your xbmc userdata folder, which is not the one you have identified.

The easiest way to find your user folder is to press windows-R and in the run dialogue type %appdata%\xbmc. This is the user folder where you want to put all your custom stuff like advancedsettings.xml (well that actually goes in %appdata%\xbmc\userdata but you know what I mean). If you are making changes to your keymap.xml or advancedsettings.xml or so on you want to use this folder rather than the edit the files in c:\program files\XBMC\

Try it here and see if that works. If not turn on debug logging (Settings | System | Debugging) and try to import your backdrops. After it doesn't work copy the contents of the XBMC log file to pastebin.com (in %appdata%\xbmc) and post a link to the log back here.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC
Excellent thank you, I will try this out.
Hi,

Sorry to sound silly, but how do i import backdrops in?

Dallas

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I've searched for days - need help - music library0