Pc resolution on tv
toymachine2009 Wrote:You are correct native resolution is 1024x768 I set it to that resolution and picture was way off on my tv. Right now its just set by custom settings right now and everything is working fine. I do have my tv settings on normal so its not zoomed in or anything or stretched.

Anyways that htpc and tv are fine. I just have one more tv and htpc to do which is 1080p and its 47" I believe. I am heading out the door for work but I will play with that one when I get home. This one also has a built in GPU ATI Radeon HD forgot the model number. Hopefully this one can be adjusted as well.

Like I said your PC thinks 1024x768 is a 4:3 resolution not 16:9 which your TV is XBMC should look perfect video playback would look wrong though as I said above you have to adjust "Pixel Ratio Adjustment" to 1.333 this is done in XBMC

Settings > System > Video Calibration, go to the "Pixel Ratio Adjustment" and change it from 1.000 to 1.333

I'm assuming it looks wrong for the reason I gave and not because it doesn't officially accept 1024x768 over that input because that can also cause things to not be displayed incorrectly
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
@toymachine2009

If your windows and XBMC image is larger than the screen, DO NOT resize the screen in the NVIDIA or ATI control panel. I have done this in the past but you do not need to.

The best solution is on your tv, say your running 1920x1080p. GO to your remote, you will see a button called P.Size or an option called picture size or fit. CYCLE through these options until the picture is perfectly placed with nothing cut off.

Trust me this is the best solution, I used to play around with the panel to fix in the past but this is not your first resolution unless you cant play around with picture size on your TV Model.

I have a brand new Sony and an old Samsung, both TV's have a different name for this picture size I tell you about, but no matter the variation this will solve your issue.
KidCastro Wrote:@toymachine2009

If your windows and XBMC image is larger than the screen, DO NOT resize the screen in the NVIDIA or ATI control panel. I have done this in the past but you do not need to.

The best solution is on your tv, say your running 1920x1080p. GO to your remote, you will see a button called P.Size or an option called picture size or fit. CYCLE through these options until the picture is perfectly placed with nothing cut off.

Trust me this is the best solution, I used to play around with the panel to fix in the past but this is not your first resolution unless you cant play around with picture size on your TV Model.

I have a brand new Sony and an old Samsung, both TV's have a different name for this picture size I tell you about, but no matter the variation this will solve your issue.

I have messed with all the zoom functions on my tv which has very few btw and I have it set to full. which is normal mode on my tv and it was still off.

That only works when running native resolution and the option your talking when the image is perfectly placed sets the screen to 1:1 pixel mapping most likely when its set to "just scan" on the Samsung
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
KidCastro Wrote:The best solution is on your tv, say your running 1920x1080p. GO to your remote, you will see a button called P.Size or an option called picture size or fit. CYCLE through these options until the picture is perfectly placed with nothing cut off.

i don't like the stretch and zoom stuffs. sometime the video looks funny and it doesn't fill in most of the time. setup in catalyst control is the best solution for htpc!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

It's sad, I've been doing it the hard way for 2 years. Thanks this worked perfectly
bluray Wrote:have you update the latest catalyst from here- Graphics Drivers & Software. you need to adjust the hdtv resolution in the catalyst control center (Output to TV via HDMI port), and it is a cool feature which allow you to manually adjust the screen size in both vertical and horrizontal directions and you can see it exactly how it fits on your screen while you make the adjustment. i used the same procedures on both the 56" and 70" hdtv's, and it fils up the screen nicely on all corners. in catalyst control center, go to video settings and video playback, you can set it to enforce smooth video playback. in xbmc playback settings, set it to allow hardware acceleration (dxva2) and sync playback to display.

Thank you Bluray it worked like a charm Smile
i am having a similar issue with my PC but with one major difference, my desktop and xbmc skin all show up at full screen perfectly but when i play any video of any resolution or container i get a black border on it. I tried all of your suggestion blu ray for the settings on my video card and cant figure out how to fix it i also tried the videocalibration and overscan stuff in xbmc and no luck

XMBC 10.1
ati hd4870 on latest catalyst drivers connected throught HDMI
lg 60lg52 tv (doubt that its a tv setting)
denon 3808ci receiver (also not likely to be a culprit but the more info the better)
If you are using the Adjust Refresh Rate setting you need to set the overscan settings in ATI CCC for each resolution that you use.
gothamite302 Wrote:i am having a similar issue with my PC but with one major difference, my desktop and xbmc skin all show up at full screen perfectly but when i play any video of any resolution or container i get a black border on it. I tried all of your suggestion blu ray for the settings on my video card and cant figure out how to fix it i also tried the videocalibration and overscan stuff in xbmc and no luck

XBMC 10.1
ati hd4870 on latest catalyst drivers connected throught HDMI
lg 60lg52 tv (doubt that its a tv setting)
denon 3808ci receiver (also not likely to be a culprit but the more info the better)
if your denon avr have an option to set video to passthrough, please set it to passthrough. video is best for htpc and hdtv to handle it.

do these in xbmc: system>settings>video>playback (select allow hardware acceleration (dxva2), adjust display refresh rate to match video and sync playback to display) and system>settings>system>video output (select full screen for display mode, select same resolution as adjusted in graphic card control center and enable "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen").

make sure that you properly calibrate your screen in xbmc settings>system>video output>calibration

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pc resolution on tv0